Chapter 30 : Abilities, Powers, Call It Whatever You Want

Start from the beginning

"He prepares everything... Like, if we got trapped here, we can still live normally." Itachi commented.

Hana nodded in agreement. "There's enough room to unfold all the futons without having to move the table."

"This is just amazing." Ara muttered. She then took one of the futon, and unfolded it, before she sat on it, leaning on the wall.

"I kinda like this..."

*/*\*/*\*

"Aniki, I'm back~" Ara sang, as she entered her brother's room.

She sat on his bed, next to him, leaning on his shoulder. Kakashi put down his book, and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Hey, Ara. Happy birthday. Do you like my gift?"

Ara sighed. "I don't even know what to say. It's... Well, no one will ever get something as good as that in this whole world. That's what I think, at least." She said with a shrug.

"You're exaggerating. One of the reason I made that is to give you a place to hide if something bad happens." Kakashi commented, "What are you thinking about, if I may ask?"

"Just... Why must people be scared of everything they don't understand?"

Kakashi sighed. "What do you expect?"

Ara shrugged. "I'm always curious." She said, pausing for a while, before she continued, "Everyone in my old family said that I'm often too curious for my own good. When someone told me not to do something, I will do the opposite, just to know the result."

"No wonder." Kakashi muttered, "You're a trouble magnet. But somehow, you always manage to push through. I mean, sorry to bring up this topic, but look! You survived travelling by yourself for months. You sealed a raging Bijū inside yourself. You were kidnapped, tortured, and locked up for weeks and you still survived. You are one kind of a kid."

Ara giggled. "What can I say? My family weren't normal, just like me."

"Hm?"

"Two of them are half-animal. One is a half-plant. One made of wood, one made of papers. And another is a God."

"A... God?"

Ara scoffed. "That's what he say. He's my godfather, by the way."

"Your family sure is..."

"Strange? Unique? Funny? I prefer the last one."

Kakashi doubtfully nodded. "How about your father?"

"Uh... He's also... unusual... But I wouldn't talk about it."

Kakashi nodded. "I won't force you, either. You know, just like you, I never know my mother."

Ara smiled. "Glad to know we can relate."

Kakashi shook his head, chuckling softly.

"Ara, you may not realize this, but actually, we are similar in so many ways."

Receiving no reply, Kakashi turned his attention to his sister.

She's already asleep.

*/*\*/*\*

Ara was laying on the wooden floor of her treehouse, twirling a kunai in her hand. She was waiting for Hana and Itachi to come back from Academy. Kakashi is still on his mission escorting the Daimyo and his family. Yūsha and Kurama is talking about who knows what, probably about her training.

"Twinkle twinkle giant sun, how I wonder what you want. Up above the clouds so high, burning the souls on the ground. Twinkle twinkle giant sun, can't you stop shining for once~"she muttered, obviously annoyed by the heat of the day.

She knew she should be training, but she really is not in the mood.

After she reached the top of the cliff, Kurama made her fox ears and tail disappeared. But sadly, he couldn't change her left eye back to normal.

Ara throws the dull kunai up in the air, before she used her kekkei genkai.

She had already mastered it. Not just making her invisible, turns out that she can also make herself really disappear as a ghost. Anything can go through her body. And she couldn't be detected by doujutsu, smell, or chakra traces. It's as if she wasn't there, or she changed into the air itself. At first it feels weird, but now it feels great. She can easily avoid the villagers, and surprise her friends. The only ones who know about this are Kurama and Yūsha.

Ara appeared at the edge of the room, before lazily picked up the dull kunai, and slammed her body onto the futon, landing on her back.

Ara huffed, staring at the ceiling, her fingers wrapped around the kunai's blade without realizing it.

"Hey, Ara. Sorry for making you wait." Ara turned, to see Itachi standing in the doorway.

"Get in already. I want to read your notes." Ara said.

"Crow! I'm back!" Hana yelled, entering the room. Then her eyes widened. "Ara! Are you crazy?!"

Ara stared at her blankly, not even knowing what the Inuzuka is panicking about.

"Your hand, idiot! You're holding a kunai!" Hana growled, as she rushed to Ara's side, followed by Itachi.

When Ara unclenched her hand, the three of them hold their breath.

The kunai's surface aren't smooth nor straight. It has many curves, and fit her fingers perfectly.

"This is crazy." Itachi muttered, picking up the kunai, tracing the dull blade.

Ara didn't say anything. Instead, she took another kunai, and grip the handle. Furrowing her eyebrows, she locked her gaze on the kunai.

"Guys... You have to see this..." Ara called.

Hana and Itachi approached her. And they let out a loud gasp.

The kunai's blade slowly narrowed, growing longer and sharper in the process.

"Are you... controlling it?" Hana asked slowly, still in shock.

Itachi narrowed his eyes. "It's like you're bending metal." He commented.

Ara smiled smugly, shrugging at her friends. "Who knows. All I know is, this is awesome."

*/*\*/*\*

My opinion? That's rather crazy, out of logic and ridiculous. But I guess it would be great.

And, Author-senpai here has some confessions:
1. I already finished this chapter since about a week ago. I was lazy. And I hate that. That's why I didn't update sooner.
2. I started reading Noragami and I love it.
3. The school's gonna start soon.
4. My birthday's coming! (4th August)
5. I love Kakashi.

Well, that was random.
Comment, 'kay? See you later!