Chapter 30 : Abilities, Powers, Call It Whatever You Want

Start from the beginning

"... A day before Aniki went on his escorting mission?"

Hana sighed. "True, but that's not the answer?"

"Today is 9th April," Itachi said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh! Right!"

Hana's head snapped towards her friend. "You remember now?" She asked exitedly.

"Yeah! It's 4 days before your birthday!"

Itachi slammed his hand on his forehead. "Hopeless..." He muttered in despair.

Hana stopped, and turned at Ara. The Inuzuka narrowed her eyes, as she grabbed Ara's shoulders, and starts shaking her body.

"TODAY IS YOUR BIRTHDAY, ARA-BAKA!!!"

Ara stayed silent, before she finally replied, "Ah, I remember now. How can I forgot that?"

Itachi sighed. "Who knows. Your mind is too complicated for me to understand, genius."

"Speak of yourself, Uchiha. You are a genius too, so don't be a hypocrite." Hana snapped, before she turned her attention back to Ara.

"Now, Hatake, I know that you are abnormal. But this is unacceptable!"

"I kinda... too busy with training?" Ara asked, wincing at her angry friend. Hana can be as scary as her mother.

"What kind of reason is that?!"

"... My reason." Ara innocently answered with a smile on her face.

Hana huffed. "This is the most illogical thing I've ever known in my whole life." She said, before she grabbed Ara's hand and dragged her further into the forest.

*/*\*/*\*

"And now, after you drag me here and told me that this is my birthday, what is supposed to happen next?" Ara asked.

Itachi took a deep breath. Hana slammed her head onto a nearby tree.

"You are a genius idiot." Hana grumbled, "Look up, Crow."

Slowly, Ara raised her head, and looked up.

"... Woah ..."

Ara couldn't say anything. She's too shocked, and amazed.

Above her, is a large treehouse. It looks more like a cottage, with a small balcony around it.

"Happy birthday, Ara." Hana and Itachi said in a sync, smiling at their friend.

"Who made this?" Ara asked.

"Kakashi and his friends. He told us that you don't want to celebrate your birthday, so he told us to spend the day with you. No one knows about this, except your brother, Asuma, Kurenai, Guy, Shisui, us, and Lord Hokage. Kakashi said that he actually threatens the Hokage to allow him to make this."

"He starts making this right after he found you." Itachi added.

"I wish I have a brother like yours, Ara." Hana said, "He's cool."

Ara laughed. "So, I decide that this place will be the official base of Kanachitazuha." She said, "Now, shall we get in?"

Hana nodded. "You go first. Oh, and by the way, here's the key."

Ara took the small silver key from Hana's hand, and put it in her pocket. She climbed the ladder, and stood in the balcony, unlocking the door. Then she entered the small house.

It's probably half as big as the Hokage Office. There's five futons folded neatly at the corner, with two large blankets beside them. Also a rack filled with empty scrolls, many kunais and shurikens, a few rolls of bandages, and also a first-aid-kit. In the middle of the room, there's a table with a stack of papers, a few pens, pencils, and erasers on it, and also an empty notebook. The room also has a cupboard, filled with some instant ramen cups, a few glass, cups, bowls, and plates, including spoons, forks, knives, and chopsticks, plus a kettle.