Dad?"(Alex's POV)

"Dad?"

"Alexander, I didn't even. . ." Everything was silent until Ms. Lios said something.

"This is your son?"

"Oh Jesus," Giuls said. She went back to the door behind me and locked it.

"Yes, if he'll let me say that." I couldn't even make out a word.

"How-," I couldn't even finish the thought.

"Mom let's go into the other room together."

"No, stay here." I said and I could hear her roll her eyes. "How are you even here? I thought-," I looked away from him. "I thought you died." I could feel a burning behind my eyes.

"Son-,"

"Don't call me that." She wrapped her arm around my waist which gave me a strange sense of peace which she's not known for.

"Alexander. Please don't be mad right now."

"I'm not mad. I'm not anything. I don't really know you anyways."

"Yes you do. Please just listen."

"No I dont. The man that was my father is dead. You're nothing of him." I felt the shift in the room. She squeezed and then her arm fell loose.

"Wait Alexander,"

"Remember when I said dad, forget that. I don't believe a word you said or want to say and I don't believe anyone here. We may look exactly alike or talk alike or walk the same way, but I know you will never be my dad."

"Alexander just-,"

"No. My father died many years ago fighting for my freedom. You're just claiming to be him." I turned away from him, heading towards the door.
"And I swear don't go to Alec. His emotions get the best if him."

"Alex, wait!" Her voice almost made me stop in my tracks, hesitating for half a second.

"I'll see you later Giuls, nice to see you Ms. Lios."

"Take care of yourself." And I went out in the storm. Thunder rumbled the ground I was walking on. Just a few minutes ago, I finally got the girl. She's the one, she's the one I've always wanted. Everyone says I'm too young to be worried about that, but in this life, what is normal? Who can judge me when everyone's always judging themselves?

And then I just found out my life is a lie. Ever since I was ten, my father was dead. And now he resurrected to be the most hated man in the Republic. But he isn't my father. He's just the man who made me into who I am now. The man I thought he was.

It's just, I don't know why they would lie to me. Why didn't they just tell me instead of letting me think that my dad was my protecter. He was suppose to be my savior. He can't even take care of his own family let alone a whole republic. And I wonder what he considers people that live here. Is Alec and I only. Or Giullianna as well.

When we were younger, Alec and I went through hell before we came into these schools. We spent half of our lives with an instrument in our hands. We would take more music classes then any other. We moved around a lot, but we always ended up in the same place in the same house with the same kids that made us feel like we were doing something wrong. And we wished that our dad would show up to come save us because my mother only worried about spending money. It never happened. Because my dad is a lier, and a cheater.

I dreamed a lot of my life that my dad would come back. But now I just wish he stayed dead.

✴✴✴✴

"Dad dad! Come here, I wanna show you something." A younger version came running into the living room searching for his father with wide bright eyes. His father was sitting on the couch watching a football game cheering on his favorite team and trying to ignore one of his seven year old sons. The oldest but the most naïve. The poor boy doesn't even know what his father really feels, he's in his own world believing everything he says.