Too Late

"I remember when I was eight and she was five. I broke my arm actually riding on a horse. She cried and cried and cried for like hours. I didn't even shed a tear. When I got back from the doctor's I asked her why she was crying. She said that I was going to die and that she didn't want to live without me." I was sharing so many stories of her to my family that traveled here. I'm actually at the podium, talking about her.

I had so many memories of us together. I protected her so much because of this reason. And now she's dead.

"I love her so much and there will always be a whole in my heart for her. Just her." I stepped down from the podium, crossing her body in a glass box in her favorite outfit wearing her favorite makeup.

I don't think I can go on without her.

✴✴✴✴

I was at home now with my two sisters left and the twins. My mom had to speak publicly in the next state over and won't be back tonight. So I've decided.

I'm going to get drunk. Or as much as I can.

Once I got home I took out all of the booze I got. Sadie and Eléna were on the same page as me and they emptied my cupboards full of shot glasses.

"Whoa, guys. Isn't it a little too early for you too get drunk?" Alec asked. Eléna answered that question annoyed.

"We always get drunk when something happens. We escape our problems one more day before we enter hell. So you wanna join us?" They hesitated and looked at each. "C'mon double trouble."

"And we have a competition. The first one to throw up first has to drink five more shots of the strongest alcohol I have and it looks like it's gonna be liquor." They both sighed.

"Yeah sure. But I'm drinking until I get tipsy." Alex said.

"That's no fun!" Sadie said from across the room.

"It's okay Sadie, at least two of us need to stay conscience." She shrugged her shoulders and turned on my radio.

"Let the drinking began!" I grabbed the lightest thing there. Wine and beer, everything else was really strong. I know I can't get drunk, but I don't want to remain with a headache.

At first we had a dance party just taking hits of whatever was in our hands. I was soaked in red stuff by the time we all got bored and started taking shots of whatever. Tying our hands behind our backs and going against our equivalent body shapes. It was Alex and Sadie, Alec and I, and then Eléna and I. I won against Alec, but I couldn't beat my sister. She is such a pro at this.

Then the girls decided it was a great idea to take body shots. At first I didn't like the idea, but then I got tipsy enough not to care. But that's where I end. I can drink more but I won't go past that. I had about twelve shots before I had to go. Six off of each twin and it was worth. Both have amazing bodies.

A few hours later, Sadie, Eléna, and Alec were so drunk they couldn't even stand. All three of them were the happy drunk, laughing and tripping over furniture. Chuckling over nothing and still taking hits.

Alex said he will be back to help me clean up. He just had to wash the alcohol off of his being.

Than Sadie was the one who threw up first. She made a b-line to the bathroom and I think I saw her lungs come out of her throat. By then the other two were passed out and I just wanted to go to sleep. But it was six in the morning and I had to clean up. Sadie said she's going to sleep in the basement where it's nice and cool. I didn't care.

I brushed my teeth, taking the deathly taste of pure alcohol from my taste buds. I washed my face and tied up my hair.

I took two blankets from my storage closet and covered the two remaining drunks.