Part 6

I looked through the one way glass as Juāne, the only colored boy was giving his statement.

"After that we all went to our dorm. I don't really know anyone so I didn't notice anyone leaving." They said through the microphone.

I was on an emotional roalercoaster between being angry and enraged and sad and hurt. I didn't know why these emotions all came together and decided to make my life a living hell.

I didn't even know her.

All day, they have been interigating the students trying to find out what happened to that poor girl. She didn't deserve this. She was probably just trying to get by in a man's world. All she had to do was be born. She was born to die because a boy opened his mouth. And I'm not calling them men for a reason because the ones who tell the police something are men.

I only got here fifteen minutes when they were starting to ask this boy questions. They finally let him out and as he crossed me I could see him shaking. He was nervous, probably never seen a body like that before.

The detectives knocked on the window to tell me to come in.

"So, how was it?" Sargent Cosidina threw three file folders on the table in front of me.

"We got three suspects. It's a he-said-he-wont-say situation."

"Okay, well that'll change won't it." He shrugged his shoulders and put his hands up like he really wasn't sure. "Tell me about 'em."

"Andrew Taylor, his words were giving away that he knows something else. But he did tell us about her hot second roommate."

"I'm not surprised. Who is the next one?"

"Alexander Silva, Andrew said he knows something. But Alexander won't talk." I nodded reading his file as he explained. "And then Alec Silva."

"Cousins?"

"Brothers,"

"Brothers?"

"Twins,"

"Twins? I didn't notice any twins."

"Fraternal twins, you probably wouldn't have notice either." He looked at me with eyes referring to my size.

"Talk about my height again, your gonna get it where it shouldn't be gotten." He backed away in his chair, defensively.

"They had an argument last night. Andrew said it was suspicious."

"Alright," I looked over at the detective who didn't talk throughout thus who conversation. "Detective. . ."

"McAdams,"

"Right, he can take Alec. Be nice and manipulative. That's the only way you'll get him to talk. You take Andrew. Don't be afraid to rough him up a little. And I'll take Alexander. Got it?"

He nodded. "Sounds good." They stood up to shake my hand and took the files that they needed.

I popped a stick of gum in my mouth to ease my nervousness.

"Can you tell him to come in please?" Just moments after they walked out, he came in looking annoyed.

"Hi, you are Alexander. Can I call you Alex?"

"Yeah, whatever makes you not throw me in jail." I didnt laugh because he didn't mean it as joke.

I could tell he was hot headed. He closed the door with more force than necessary and threw himself in the chair. His pale cheeks were cherry red from his anger and his dark eyebrow were drawn in.