Chapter 11: Dress Mess

Biana's eyes shine with delight. "Ooo! I like that one Sophie!"

Sophie tried not to groan. Biana and Della had managed to drag her and Edaline to Atlantis to try on dresses for the ball the next day. Sandor sat in the corner looking just as bored as she felt.

Sophie looked at her reflection in the full-length Elvin mirror. It was a short, golden sparkly dress with a brown belt. Even though it looked pretty on her, it came down lower than she liked, and made her feel uncomfortable.

Edaline noticed her discomfort. "Maybe something less... Flashy?"

Della nodded. "I personally think Sophie would look good in anything. It's up to her." Biana huffed jokingly. "You too dear," Della added.

Sophie tried on dresses hour after hour until the shop closed, and she still hasn't found anything she'd liked.

"Are you sure there was nothing you girls wanted?" Della asked both girls as they walked out of the store.

Positively sure, Sophie thought.

Biana blinked in and out as she walked down the street, her talent as a Vanisher. "Yeah," She said. "I was actually thinking of wearing one of Jolie's old dresses."

Edaline smiled. "I'm glad those are finally being put to use after so long."

Della nodded. "She loves them. Thank you so much."

"No, thank you. It was time to let go, and Biana helped me with that."

Biana beamed. "I was more than happy to help!"

As they all exchanged happy words, Sophie stared at her empty hands, twisting the crush cuff on her left wrist.

The dance was tomorrow, and she still didn't have a dress.

-------------------------------------------

     Biana pulled Sophie through the gleaming gates of Everglen. Biana wasn't going to let Sophie walk away tonight without a dress.

      "I'm sure I'll have some dresses that you'd like," she said as they climbed the stairs to her room. Sophie didn't doubt it, knowing Della's shopping habits.

      They passed Fitz in the hallway, who smiled when he saw Sophie wearing the crush cuff. She blushed.

      Biana's room was more jam-packed with all-girl stuff than ever. Dresses were laid out on her bed , crisscrossing each other. Stacks of make-up were on her dresser, and there were multiple hair-curlers by her vanity mirror.

"I'll remain here, Miss Foster," Sandor said, staying by the door.

Biana brought Sophie to her walk-in closet. "The dresses on the left are the more simple ones. I rarely wear those. You'd probably want to start there."

Sophie was immediately drawn to a red dress sandwiched between two bright pink dresses. She gently lifted it off the hanger and held it up to her body. The top had a beaded design, with sleeves that looked like rose petals. From the waist down, the dress was made of smooth ruby red silk. (A/N: the picture above is what the dress looks like! You may have to click on it to see the full dress)

"Go try it on!" Urged Biana.

Sophie left and changed in Biana's bathroom. She quickly slipped it on. The dress hugged her, so it wasn't baggy at all. It barely swept at her ankles, the perfect length. It felt so comfortable she could fall asleep in it. It was perfect.

Biana squealed when she saw it on Sophie. "You look amazing!"

Sophie looked in her mirror, twirling so the dress picked up a little. Biana watched her. "You can have it if you want," she said.

"Really? Are you sure?"

"Positive. I wouldn't wear it and it looks much prettier in you anyway."

Sophie blushed. "Thank you."

Biana grinned. "Don't mention it. I'd do anything for a friend."

Sophie left Everglen feeling giddy. She was excited for the dance, with all of her wonderful friends in the wonderful Elvin world. Things were looking up- until she remembered her promise to the Black Swan and it came crashing down.

How would she ever say goodbye to her friends?

***Authors Note***
More Biana! This chapter was fun to write. You guys are spoiled! Two chapters in one day!
I'm not sure when I'll be updating the next chapter, but I hope it's soon!
~InkheadWriter