"Ary! Our tigress is afraid of this little baby?" He said lifting his gun. I turned my face to the other direction, not wanting to answer him.

"Still feisty!" He chuckled and continued, "Moosa, your turn now. I'm going to my position."

Moosa waved a hand in response and Ahad walked away, leaving Yawar and me alone.

"Okay Mahnoor, I am going to MB. You can sit anywhere you want and enjoy." With that, he also joined Moosa.

Enjoy???

~*~

I couldn't sleep, my eyes and my head were both heavy from drowsiness but whenever I close my eyes, the images of today's practice moments started to flash in my mind.

How utterly nonchalant they were in handling weapons and using it. There was no hesitation at all. Those things weren't toys. They are used to kill people. I shudder at the thought.

I got up from the bed and stand to lean against the window frame. This place was far away from the rest of the residing area I guess because as far as my sight goes from here I can only see empty land and this was not the best view during late night. The rustling sound of leaves, howling sound of the wind, and big trees standing in the dark made perfect scenery for a horror movie.

In normal circumstances, I would've rushed into my parents' bedroom or call Ami to my room and make her stay with me until I fall asleep. That's how I was, not long ago. My family really spoiled me, I was my Bhai's Mano Billi and my parents' princess. But now... I don't even know what I am to my family, a continuous tension, a burden, a threat to their lives, an embarrassment? ...yeah I must be an embarrassment to them. Everything that happened was because of me.

My trail of thought was interrupted by Yawar, he was playing the piano again. As much as I hate the idea of being a friend of a criminal, I found it hard to push him away. Maybe I really needed a friend.

The melody that he was playing right now is way too mature for his nature. It held sadness, passion, and... something else of which I can't put my finger on.

Suddenly I felt the urge to meet him. Setting my dupatta on my head, I walked towards the piano room. Quietly, I opened the door but no one was there. The music was stopped and the atmosphere was silent again.

He left???

Can't be... I didn't see him leaving the room...

Stepping inside the room, I walked towards the piano but my foot halted in midair when I heard the door closing behind me. My head snapped towards the sound and found Moosa leaning against the closed door.

My eyes scanned the room briskly to find Yawar but he wasn't there.

"Where is Yawar?" I found myself asking him.

"He is not here." He said gazing at me.

"Oh! Okay... I should be going then." I walked back to the door, hoping he would let me pass but he didn't move an inch.

"I need to go." I said after waiting for a while.

"Why?"

"Huh?"

"Why do you have to leave as soon as you saw me?"

"I was here to see Yaw-" Before I could complete my sentence, he yanked my arm and pinned me to the door.

"Aren't you being too friendly with him?... it annoying." He said angrily.

I stared at him in confusion.

"Are you so naive to understand that I am jealous of watching you being so close to another man?"

What?

"L-let me pass." I stuttered and he frowned.

"Tell me...You are okay with spending time with him ... alone yet you don't want to spend a single minute with me? You want to listen to his piano playing but not mine?"

"I-I am sleepy. Can I go?"

"Answer my questions first damn it!" He slammed his fist on the door, making me jump in fear.

"I didn't know you can also play the piano and he... he is like a friend to me."

"And... what am I to you?"

"...Nothing!" I answered looking back into his eyes.

He narrowed his eyes at me for a second before leaning closer to my face.

"If that's what you think, then I have to change your opinion first and change your nothing to everything. Till then, you are not meeting Yawar."

"What?" I frowned.

Is this man crazy???

His facial muscles relaxed and a small smile spread on his lips.

"You look beautiful when you're angry... my beautiful Noor... my Queen." He reached out a hand to my face but I quickly moved my face.

"Be careful not to go against what I have said... or else I will not keep my word anymore... You can go now... Good night, my love." With that, he walked away and I opened the door to go back but the sound of 'Eternal Snow' made me turn to face him. He looked straight at me with a satisfied smile on his face.

Unlike Yawar, his emotions were flowing through his notes. Almost like that pianist of neighbor-

It's him!

It was him...!

________________________________________

Salam and hello everyone!

Wow, 2K readers so soon. Unbelievable...
Thank you so much, all of you.
I never thought you guys like it.

Back to the story!
Ya Allah! You should wait to find out your answers in stories girls...

This chapter was a little slow. Why? Don't ask..... just wait for the next chapter.
What is Moosa thinking now? Any idea?

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Take care :)