Bonus: Nate's POV

Author's Note: This is not a mandatory read. This chapter only creates dramatic irony (when the audience knows more than the characters). Everything in this chapter will be said sometime later. If you do not wish to read move on to the next chapter. 

___________________________________________________________________________

What had I been thinking?  

I hadn't been thinking actually. If I had, then I wouldn't be watching Peyton's ruby red hair retreating from my view as she hurriedly made her escape after I forced a kiss on her. 

I barely had time to think as I mechanically followed her through my apartment. She was almost to my door when I was finally able to form a coherent thought.  

"Wait!" Peyton froze and half turned expectantly. I tried to collect my thoughts enough to form a full sentence. "We should talk." 

"I really don't want to talk right now," she admitted. She flung open the door exposing Sean with his hand prepared to knock on the door. 

Sean glanced at me then at Peyton and asked, "Should I come back later?" 

I wanted to scream 'YES' then shove the door in his face and demand Peyton to stay but before I could even take a step Peyton beat me to it. "No, I'm leaving." 

Sean seemed confused as she brushed passed him walking quickly to the elevator. I took a few steps into the hall and yelled, "Where are you going to go?"  

I really wanted to ask was when I was going to see her again. I wanted to know what she was thinking. I wanted to know if this was all part of her plan. I wanted her just to come back and talk to me. My head wasn't really on straight at the moment. 

"I don't know," she answered honestly. I watched helplessly as the doors closed and her face disappeared from my sight for who knew how long. 

I walked back into my apartment with my head down in defeat. After I closed the door, I kicked my trash can. It was the nearest object I could take my anger out on. Sean seemed shocked by my actions but he didn't comment. 

"God," I muttered wanting to punch a wall or throw something. My anger was boiling over. I truly felt like an idiot.  

I'm not even sure why I did what I did. I didn't want to say the word. It seemed like poison on my lips. My lips; the reckless things that got me into this pointless mess! 

"Are you alright?" Sean finally ventured to ask. 

I let out a frustrated sigh as I tried to calm down, at least for his sake. After all, it wasn't his fault that I totally fucked up my friendship with Peyton. "No." 

"Right, I kind of figured that," Sean said. "What's going on? She seems like more than 'just a friend'." 

Damn. I had already forgotten how Sean had just re-met her today. That moment seemed like it happened years ago.  

"Yeah well, she's probably not even that to me anymore," I muttered while leaning onto my kitchen counter. 

"Can I ask a favor?" Sean asked. I only raised my eyebrows for a reply. "Can you put on a shirt? You're making me feel very bad about my nonexistent abs." 

I rolled my eyes and walked into my room to grab a clean shirt. Just walking into the room brought back the memory of it all. The way she gently stroked my wings as if she thought they were made of glass. God, those things were really a pain in my ass; or I suppose a pain in my back. They were so huge and awkward especially when I got the chance to stretch them out. Then she complimented me on the useless things which only really added to everything. She spoke as if she cared about my wings, my feelings...about me. I felt something in my throat constrict when she mentioned her own insecurities. How could she not see how perfect she was in every way?