Chapter 5 - Guys Are Like Lava Lamps, Fun To Look At But Not Very Bright

Start from the beginning

"What? But, why?" She asked as she looked at me definitely not expecting to hear that he just walked away from me.

"He didn't even say anything, he just left." I said as she reached over and gave me a hug. In the middle of the hug, I heard the door ring.

"I got it!" Yelled Cody from downstairs as I heard him running through the house towards the front door.

"At least we don't have to get up." Said Quinn letting go of me so that I could wipe the small tears from my green eyes.

"That's the glory of having younger brothers." I said with a laugh as I wiped my tears away from my face. Within minutes of sitting their I heard someone running quickly up the stairs and then a knock on my door.

"Hadley! Someone's at the door for you!" Called Cody through the door loudly.

"Who is it?" I asked not expecting anyone to show up at my front door at eight.

"I'm not allowed to say." He told me as I opened the door to find him standing right in front of it.

"Do you know the person?" I asked him hoping he at least knew whoever he was going to make me go and see.

"Yes." He said adding a nod to reassure me he knew the person.

"Okay, Quinn I'll be like two minutes." I told her sighing as I walked down the stairs and Cody headed upstairs to his bedroom.

I got downstairs and on the welcome mat was a rose with a note on it:

Hadley,
my dearest apologies for how I reacted yesterday. I really would like a second chance. Please put on your grey flats and me in your backyard at the tire swing.
- Connor

I read the note and was happily surprised. I didn't think I would get anything from him, but it looked like he was changing his mind about the situation. Opening the closet door I picked my grey flats up and walked to the kitchen to get into the backyard.

Stepping out into the backyard I was greeted with candles placed in small groups along a path and surrounding my deck. Walking down the deck stairs I followed the stone path to the oak tree and tire swing, but he wasn't here.

Instead of turning and leaving I sat down on the tire swing, hoping he would just surprise me. I sat there for a couple of minutes looking at how beautifully the backyard had been decorated with some simple candles, when all of a sudden I heard the gate open and close.

Looking up he stood there walking towards me with a bag in his hands. It was yellow, and seemed to be wrapped.

"Connor-" I began but he cut me off.

"Hadley, yesterday you told me you were pregnant with my baby, and I acted like an asshole. I'm so sorry for doing that to you. I want to be in this baby's life, in your life, and I just want to prove it to you. I'll be here for you, whether it's two in the morning and you just want some ice cream, or five at night and you're lonely." He said to me with a smile. "I want to raise this baby with you Hads, and sure it'll affect my future but we can make it work. Please, forgive me."

"Connor, after all of this of course I'll forgive you. I just need to learn to trust you again, which might take some time." I told him with a small smile as I sat on the old tire swing.

"I also got this for the baby. I'm not sure what we'll have so I got two things," he told me with a smile as he handed the bag to me so that I could open it.

I took the bag and pulled out two different tiny shirts. One read, Momma's Boy, and the other read, Daddy's Little Girl.

"Thank you Connor, I really appreciate how much effort you put into this." I told him with a smile as I stood up from the tire.