Some of Our Stars are the Same

Cherry Wine - Hozier

Jealousy, a mental cancer.
When Hannibal pulled up his driveway he killed the engine. The closer he came to his home he noticed just how dark it was. But a soft light had shown through his great room where he presumed India to be.

He unlocked the door quietly and slid his shoes off carefully, trying not to make noise.

Slowly he crept up behind her, she was sitting in his velvet chair in front of the fireplace. The room was vast but still, some antique furniture filled it's space. Not by any means homelike. Her eyes were closed and she was nearly hidden entirely beneath the blankets.

His head tilted, like an animal intrigued by something - a human being.

Small locks of hair covered her face, he knelt down next to her chair and brushed the strands back "I'll confess it is pleasant to look at you asleep. You're quite beautiful, India." he says in a low voice.

India's eyes fluttered open and she stirred to place the doctor "What?" she inquired as her body began to slide up against the chair's back. "I'm sorry, I passed out... I tried not to..." the girl scrunched her nose as she trailed off.

Hannibal waved it away "I'm glad you have found a home here." he said standing up "Come to the kitchen with me." the psychiatrist offered an open palm to her.

She took it and with her free hand she discarded of her blanket and let it fall off her body's borders.
She followed, fingers pulling down on her dress' sleeves.

A slow moving pace became of her, as if trying to recall how to walk again. Hannibal looked back at her, looking to hopefully meet eyes and make it easier for him to estimate her comfort zone for the moment.

He found himself amused when he found her gaze dancing around, gold speckles floated inside a brilliant green, venturing somehow. After all this she still had held an air of curiosity despite fraught he noted.

"The dessert was already prepared so I thought it would be a waste to throw it out." he paused and threw an inviting closed-lip smile her way.

Though unresponsive to his words, she was able to muster the outline of a smile. "I, uh, can't see in the dark. Could you lend me a hand until my eyes adjust?" a nervous laugh escaped her.

Her request caused him to slow his walk to a pause,"Of course." Hannibal replied simply, wrapping his arm around her back and taking one hand into his.

At first she was startled, if she asked, he'd be there just like that. It was something India wasn't used to. But she could get used to it.

He took note of how soft her hand was, but it was tender from when she struck Will in self defense. "I will tend to your hand as well. I have bandages for it, and we can put it on ice." Hannibal explained.

India nodded in agreement "Thank you." he didn't accept that however, there was vacancy to her words.

When they entered the kitchen, three prepared dishes of Crème brûlée. A slightly upset expression overcame her when she saw the spare dish, when his attention was drawn to this, Hannibal picked up the dessert and placed it into the sink.

The girl found a little more peace with that. She looked at him like a sheep to it's shepherd. When she sat down the lights slowly began to illuminate the room, her head raised to the ceiling, observing.

"For you." he brought a spoon into her line of vision. She looked at it, then at him, and took it "Thank you."

Hannibal began to pull some items from his cupboard, he pulled some beige bandages and an ice pack from his freezer. "May I borrow this?" he asked for her wounded hand "Of course, you can." India chuckles at his witticism.