Fear is Here

Where is My Mind? — Pixies

Will had sat in the absolute darkness of his cell. The only light offered was from the ceiling in the corridor about a cell away from his own.
Albeit even at it's brightest, it was very dim.

It smelt dank and rotten, something like what you'd expect from an old cellar. Unfortunately someone on the end of his block had tendancies to use the bathroom wherever he felt fit.
Which was not by any means the toilet.

At first Will was repulsed. But now time has past and he had gotten used to it and the only thing on his mind was the man who did him wrong.

Hannibal.

The bitterness had hardened the once wayward empath.
Or seemed to.
Some students requested to visit him on their off days but he wouldn't allow it.
He rejected them.
He was, after all, too busy conjuring the demise of the good Doctor.

Once he considered just doing the time. Just letting him win. But he found fuel in the new found hatred he harbored and held tightly onto it.

He wouldn't live out the rest of his life in this hell.
Dying there was not a choice.

Will Graham layed still on his makeshift bed in his cell. Watching the water slip through the cracks in the ceiling, these cracks were akin to veins by design. Design. One not of his own...
But no longer was anything his own.
Dark eyes felt heavy and slowly shut.

The thought often passed him, the girl he had befriended years ago, the stranger wearing a familiar face. He thought about how she was to be alone with the monster who incarcerated him.

Banished him to this cement and metal hell.

That girl was important to him, she was his friend. Ever since he was little he moved from place to place, but she was the first to ever take time out of her day to talk to the boy who wasn't there.

The boy who had his head in the clouds.

The boy who would only be there for a moment.

And be gone the next.

Even when he felt he was alone, she was there to pry at him, make him open up to somebody. And she never looked at him like the weird  q u i e t  kid in the back of the class.

To think someone like her, became tangled up into this spider's web. Because she knew him.
He hated that.
What he hated more was that he knew Hannibal wasn't done weaving his web just yet. The people most important to him, Beverly, Jack... and Alana.

His friends. His family. They were involved in an evolving game of cat and mouse. And soon enough he knew the game would draw to an end once everyone was rounded up at Hannibal's table for dinner.

A man dressed in the aslyum worker garb strides by, a smug greasy look that made even Will's skin crawl, with a man following right behind him dressed in a green jumpsuit. In his hands a plant.
It was particular. It had a scent that was pleasant amongst the unappetizing aroma he was forced to adapt to before.

“Flowers. For you.” the asylum worker said in a demeaning tone “From who?” Will opened his eyes, slowly rising to an upright position facing the two men.
“Uh- Ms. India Maibus.” the man with the item in hand “Chrysanthemums. To brighten your living space, she said.”

“To brighten your living space.” the worker repeats very slowly, bemused by the originally kind gesture and attempting to twist it into some kind of joke.
I'm surprised Chilton didn't use this situation to his advantage. To try and have a session with me.’ Will thought to himself.