Chapter Seven ~ Quest to Find Blizzard (EDITED)

Crystal

      Adira kept throwing nets at Snowspirit as he froze and cracked off the rocks on each net. Soon I was able to stand and take off the net without Adira noticing. I jumped onto Snowspirit's back and we flew halfway to meet the other riders.

      "Frostbite made our dragons come here," Hiccup explained, gesturing to the Primary and Secondary Dragons. "What is it?"

      It was hard for me to answer because of my panting. I managed to choke out, "Adira...thinks she'll kill us all...on a desert island...trapped Melanite, Nightflash, Iris, and Magnet."

      "There has to be a way to temporarily stop Adira's magic." Astrid wondered aloud.

      We all sat, thinking for a few moments before Fishlegs spoke up. "Blizzard's ice. I remember it getting on her tail, and she temporarily couldn't use magic."

      "Then we just need a slab of his ice." Hiccup concluded, shuddering at the memory of the Battle of Fire and Ice.

      "Um, newsflash; Blizzard was killed." Snotlout reminded us.

      "No, he wasn't, he's Blizzard," Frostbite growled, obviously having a history with the large dragon. I translated for the Riders.

      "Oh yes, just what we need, another encounter with the ice-spitting beast." Tuffnut huffed and turned his back.

      "Yeah, I know you mean well, but I'm not in the mood to be killed today." Ruffnut backed up her twin.

      "You don't have to, Frostbite and I will go, you guys help the other dragons and try to convince Adira that she can use her imagination to keep herself from going insane," I told them.

      "No," Hiccup interjected. "I'm going with you. The rest of you deal with Adira, come on, Crystal." I gave a nod and looked down at Frostbite.

      "Let's go, Frostbite. Lead us to him."

      "Already there." He warbled and shot off with Hiccup and Toothless right on our tails.

      We flew for hours, I almost fell asleep multiple times. At some point, I actually did, only to be roused by Hiccup's calls saying that we were there.

      The sight was incredible. A huge cave made purely of glowing ice loomed in front of us, where I saw several ice dragons fly away, squawking a warning.

      "Because all we need right now is for Blizzard to know we are here," I muttered sarcastically.

      "Shh." Hiccup shushed me. He was right, we needed to move as silently as possible to get that magical ice.

      We flew for a few more minutes, deeper into the huge dome of magical ice. Suddenly Toothless and Frostbite stopped short, sending Hiccup and me flying. I fell from the air, clenching my jaw and trying not to scream. Right before we hit the ground, the two Strike Class dragons caught us. I breathed a rather loud sigh of relief. The dragons and Hiccup shot me a look that told me to shut up.

      I glanced up at why the dragons stopped short to see the huge, sleeping, aqua figure that must be Blizzard. I exchanged a look with Hiccup. We both knew what to do. He held up three fingers, then two, then one, and we struck.

      Toothless' first plasma blast must have been a rude awakening for the large dragon, literally. He roared in agony, so loud that I had to cover my ears. Toothless fired again, and Frostbite used his own ice to create a chunk that fell right on his head.

      By then Blizzard was furious, shooting magical ice at us like crazy. We avoided it nimbly, and Toothless blasted off a chunk which I caught.

      "Let's get out of here!" I shouted and steered Frostbite out of the ice cave. Blizzard's snarl sounded behind us, but he didn't pursue.

      Unlike the way to find Blizzard, on the journey back, there was no danger of falling asleep. Adrenaline still pumped through me, keeping my eyes wide open, which was surprising considering the first rays of dawn were appearing. When was the last time I had slept? I thought back; the dispute with Blizzard, the scenario with Adira, the treasure hunt, the battle with the Berserkers, the flight there. It was hard to believe it all happened in one short day.

      "We have to fly faster to reach Adira before the ice melts." Hiccup pointed out. I looked down at the glowing ice in my hands. It was half the size it was before. The dragons clearly knew it too, judging by the large increase in speed.

      We finally arrived at the desert island the Bladewing was stationed at long after dawn. I was exhausted. Frostbite landed silently and I slowly crept up to Adira. I was a few feet away when suddenly, as luck would have it, I tripped over my own boot.

      The silver-and-gold dragon spun around, narrowing her eyes. I saw a net appear high above me, and was already started to descend on me. As a last resort method, I threw the small chunk of ice at her.

      Her eyes widened when she realized what it was, and she turned tail to fly away. The ice hit her tail blade and made it glow, meaning she temporarily could not use magic. But that didn't mean she couldn't fly.

      "Frostbite, ice cocoon!" I ordered. My dragon obliged and used multiple precise ice blasts that encased Adira in ice, leaving her head out so she wouldn't suffocate.

      Crystal, what are you doing? She shrieked in my head.

      "The question is, what are you doing?" I asked her.

      You need to get away from me before I go insane! There's only a day left, make Frostbite get me out!

      "You never gave me a chance to explain anything. This was the only thing that'll make you stop and listen." I countered.

      "Literally." Snotlout piped up. I shot him a look.

      What do you need to tell me so badly? Adira sounded panicked.

      "You can easily just use your crazy imagination to keep yourself from going all psychotic. And we don't even know for a fact that it will happen to you." I waited for the information to sink in.

      'Well, why didn't you just tell me? She finally spoke after what seemed like a century.

      "Did she seriously just ask that?" Tuffnut said. I couldn't agree more.

      "Whatever. Frostbite, unfreeze. The magic will wear off soon enough." I watched the Winter Fury stroll over to the ice and suck it back into his body. Something I had recently found out he could do. "Hiccup, Toothless, get everyone else un-netted. I'm going back to the Edge. See you there." And with that, I hopped onto Frostbite and headed towards a very needed sleep.

A/N: Wow, that chapter took a lot longer to write than intended. I guess that's what happens when you have a case of writer's block. I think I have some ideas for the next chapter though, so it shouldn't take as long.