"No!" I snapped. "I just don't want you to do anything to an innocent."

He grinned. "I'm imaginary, Eveny," he spread his arms like he was harmless. Yeah, right. Made that mistake before, trusting him. "What harm could it cause to tell his name to an imaginary guy?"

My temper flared. He had caused so much trouble for me as a child, through tricks and persuasion and I would be fanned if I fell for it, now that I'm older. "No, you won't hurt him," I snapped, jabbing my finger into his chest as I stalked him into the corner. "You'll trick me into doing something to hurt him," the elevator chimed signalling that it was opening. " So I won't tell you his name-"

"Valerie?" Dean walked out of the elevator, looking confused. "Who are you talking to?"

"Dean!" I jumped back in fright and Mercury turned to see the new arrival. "Im talking to no one, why are you here?" Hastily, grabbed mercury and pulled him back.

"You left the restaurant alone," he walked down the hall towards us and my nerves grew more and more strung with each step he took. "It's not safe for you to be out alone at night."

"Believe me," I muttered, too quiet for him to hear. "You'd be in more danger than I would."

Mercury turned to me, his face unreadable as he looked back at Dean.

Looking around, Dean cocked his head in surprise. "You live here, too?"

"What do you mean- I mean, yeah, I do," I grinned at him and walked over to the door. "I just can't find my key so I'm kinda stuck outside."

Dean, to my surprise, pulled out a card from his pocket, walked over and swiped it into the door. It swung open and I was left with my jaw on the ground.

Dean laughed kindly. " My cousin Miles lives here and he lives in several floors. He doesn't like using separate keys so they made him one that works for the majority of the doors here. Maybe you know him, he lives on the floor above you."

I snapped my fingers and grinned like I knew what he was talking about. " Oh, that cheeky Miles," I said. "Always throwing those parties."

Dean looked at me blankly. " He likes to party?" Looking genuinely bothered, he began to think. "I wonder why he never invited me. He always seemed so quiet."

I grinned stiffly. " Oh, it might be the floor above him that throws the parties."

"The floor above him is the roof."

"Well, I'd better go home," I said, walking in to Cassidy's house, casually. "Thanks for the help."

Just as I was about to slam the door shut, he stuck his stupid prep boy shoes out and blocked the door.

" Why don't I come in and keep you company?" He asked, pushing the door open. "After all, you didn't treat me very nicely at dinner, we're supposed to be friends."

Stiffening at his words, I continued pushing against the door. When Dean mentioned dinner, Mercury's eyes had narrowed but when he mentioned being friends, his face turned mighty angry.

"Friends, Eveny?" Mercury spat. "Is that what you two are? Best friends? Are you going to go and f*ck him later to prove just how much your friendship means?"

"Now is really not the time," I said to both of them.

" Why not?" Dean asked, his face losing the smile. " Now seems as good as any other time."

I would have answered that he wasn't actually my friend but I was more concentrated on the tall angry man, who's eyes and skin were starting to become very veined.