28

• Jordan's POV •

"I'm going home to see my dad," Eden said. I had my biology textbook open, flipping through my notes.

"Can I come with you?" I asked. She sighed.

"I need to spend some time with him. He was in an accident," she said softly.

"What?" I asked, setting my textbook aside and walking over to sit next to her. "Is he okay?"

"I don't know," she said. I could see the tears forming in her eyes. "But I need to do this alone. Plus, I can't deal with all of this Daniel stuff. It will only be a week," she added. "You need to stay, focus on school; catch me up when I get home,"

"Okay," I said hesitantly. I didn't like the fact that I would be without her for a week but I understand. "Are you sure you want to go alone?"

"I'm sure," she said, nodding. "I need to,"

"I understand," I said, placing a kiss on her forehead. I wish I could stay in this moment forever. It was bittersweet. I felt comfortable; at home. Eden made me feel that way no matter where we were. I don't know how I'm going to live without her for a week. "When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow," she said even softer than before. "I'm sorry. I didn't know how to tell you. I didn't want to tell you. I don't want to leave you," she added. I pulled her close to me and my eyes slipped closed, enjoying holding her in my arms.

"It's only a week, we can handle it," I said. She gave me a squeeze and I smiled, opening my eyes. "You really are the love of my life," I told her, looking her straight in her beautiful blue eyes.

"You're mine, too," she said, stroking my cheek with her hand. "I love you," she added, reaching up to place her lips on mine.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I don't think I slept at all that night. I just admired Eden, I held her close. I think I've taken her for granted. She's always here so it's hard to truly appreciate her. But now that she's leaving for a week, I realize what's lying next me. My everything. This brings me back to the days when I first met her and how happy I was when she responded to my dms. That seems like it was so long ago now. Her hair fanned out around her head on the pillow next to me. She is my happiness. Look how far we've come. We have an apartment together now. I spent that whole night thinking of how exactly I could show her how much she means to me.