1

• Eden's POV •

Two months. It has been two months since I last spoke to Jordan. What have I been doing? Trying to find myself. Step number one is to go to college. I enrolled in a college here in Seattle but I have moved out of our apartment. I've been staying at a friend's house for awhile but I'm moving on campus now. I truly have nothing left. That's why I'm here. To meet new people and start my life. My real life. Jordan and I's relationship was something you'd find in a storybook. But everyone knows that those types of things won't last. Something had to change. I felt like I wasn't myself. I picked up my entire life and moved across the country with a boy I barely knew. I left my friends and family. Well, that's not entirely true. I didn't have much to leave behind. But instead of trying to work it out with my dad, I just left. I got here and didn't have any ambitions. I didn't have a job and I wasn't going to school. Things were too claustrophobic for me. Everything was happening too fast. I wasn't ready to settle down and start a life with Jordan. He wasn't making it very easy for me. He was a different person. That night was awful. It made me feel terrible just thinking about it.

I pushed all of those thoughts aside as I looked at my new dorm room. A girl came in behind me and started dropping bags on the floor. She had pretty brown hair and big green eyes. She smiled at me and extended her hand.

"Peyton" she said. I shook her hand with a laugh.

"Eden" I responded.

"So I guess we're roommates" she said.

"I guess so" I said. I'm glad I got someone nice as my roommate. Maybe I would actually have friends here.

"Do you want to go get some lunch? I'm starving and my parents my just left. We can get to know each other" she said. I nodded.

"That would be nice" I said. I grabbed my purse from my bed and walked out with her.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

She knew where she was going so I followed her. Even after being here for almost three months, I still had very little sense of direction. She said that she was taking me to this pizza place across campus so we started walking. It was fun to people watch. Tons of new students flooded in with loved ones and bags. I carried all my stuff here by myself. It made me a little sad.

"So, what brings you to Washington?" She asked.

"Well-" I began. But then I stopped. I saw him. He was walking towards us with some bags and he didn't seem to see me. Jordan. I stopped walking and just stared at him, my mouth opened a bit. It can't be him. But as he got closer, I saw the familiar lines of his tattoos and the way his eyes sparkled when he did something new. He was smiling as he talked to his mom. He made eye contact with me and his smile disappeared. No. No no no no. It can't be him. This is my fresh start. This is my thing. This was to get away from him yet there he was, standing a few feet in front of me. I thought the wounds from that night had healed but I guess not. It felt like all of my handmade stitches were being ripped out one by one. All of the things I have done to heal has now been washed down the drain. All of the pain came rushing back. And all of that from just looking into his beautiful green eyes again.