23

• Eden's POV •

Peyton left and it was just Jordan and I again. It was nice to have a friend over but it was even nicer to spend some time with Jordan. We were wrapped up in a blanket on the couch together, watching tv. I could hear the sound of his heartbeat and it relaxed me. His arm was around me and I felt safe. It was everything I've ever wanted. I could feel my eyelids starting to slide closed. It's been a long day.

"I'm gonna go to bed, I'm really tired" I said with a yawn.

"I'll come with you" he said, hooking his arm under my leg. He picked me up and carried me into our room, giggles escaping my lips. He had the biggest smile on his face as he set me gently on the bed. "It makes me happy to see you happy" he said quietly. I pulled him down to my lips, lingering there for awhile. He made contact and it gave me butterflies. After everything we've been through, he still manages to give me butterflies.

"I love you" he said softly. His breath was hot on my lips. We were so close that we were breathing each other's air. Inhale, exhale, it all turned into one. We were one. I've never felt closer to him.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ring ring ring

My eyes shot open. I located my phone in the dark and pressed talk, silencing the ringing. I knew it was Daniel.

"Give me a second to go somewhere" I said. Jordan's arms were draped around me and I slid out slowly. I watched his closed eyelids to make sure he wasn't waking up. He's already suspicious. I can't have him waking up now. I freed myself and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I walked into the other room, putting the phone up to my ear. "What do you want?" I whispered.

"You" he said. Even his voice disgusted me.

"Please, leave me alone. I did everything you asked me to and more. What do you want? Money?" I asked. I can't wake up Jordan.

"You were my best dealer" he said. "I want those profits again"

"I'll pay you" I said. "How much do you want?"

"Hmm, I think a thousand dollars might help me out a little bit" he said.

"One thousand?" I asked, my voice raising a little higher. I cupped my hand over my mouth.

"Open up" he said.

"What?" I asked but then I heard light tapping on the door.

"Oh my god. Daniel, please" I said.

"Open up, let's talk. Or your boyfriend will know about all of this" he said. I clenched my teeth and wiped away my tears before I opened the door. There is no way he's going to see me crying. I opened the door to see him. He still looked the same: tattoos, piercings, and a slight stench of gasoline and alcohol.

"Princess" he said with a smile.

"Quiet!" I hissed. "I can't get you that money. I have 500. That's it. You can have it. But you have to leave me alone" I said.

"500 will do" he said, smiling. I almost threw up.

"I'll mail it to you" I said. He shook his head.

"Oh no, Princess. You're not getting off that easy" he said. "Let's go get it now"

"I have class in the morning and all of the banks are closed. I'll leave it in your spot if you don't want me to mail it" I said. He looked at me, skeptical.

"Fine. You have until tomorrow night. Then I get two thousand" I said.

"Will you leave me alone?" I asked. He nodded.

"For 500 dollars, I'll do anything" he said, moving a little closer.

"What the fuck is going on?" Jordan asked.