[ Nijimura ] - You are fine

"Ugh! I don't get it! I don't-!" You ran your hands into your hair several times, but later locking your fingers onto the poor (H/C) locks near your forehead. You tugged in frustration as tears poured from your red bloodshot eyes. 3:00AM was obviously the perfect time for a mental breakdown to kick in, right? You sat at a kitchen counter on a stool, slowly allowing the burden and fear set in.

"..."

The medium-sized college dorm was silent, and the only sound that muffled through the air was your sniffles and frequent gasps for oxygen. No matter what you tried doing, holding your breath, or counting to ten, even the method that usually works; chucking things at other things. Nothing could calm you down.

"...1-1..." You exhale, your hands now clinging onto the edge of the counter for support. "2..3,4-Argh!" Your loud holler echoed as you tear up the papers filled with attempts in front of you, swiping your cute Hello Kitty bag off the counter after. Your colored pens and pencils decorated your tiled flooring as they scattered from their natural place inside the bag. "N-no...!" You quickly hop off your stool shakily, dropping down to your hands and knees to collect the writing utensils. As your hand manages to reach out to grab the infamous red pen, a barefoot steps before you.

"(F/N)?" The low voice mutters your name and you tilt your head up to be greeted by your boyfriend, Nijimura Shuuzou. "I heard yelling and stuff dropping." He yawned, crouching down to your level.

"S-sorry Shuu-kun. I-I didn't mean to," Just great (F/N). Because of your loud attention-seeking behavior, you woke up Shuu-kun. "Get out of my head! Go away!" You fall back onto your butt with your eyes closed tight and your hands on your ears. Nijimura just stared at you with bewilderment, slightly startled by your sudden action.

"(F/N)?" He reaches out to you, with no success of having you reach back to him. "H-hey.. You're okay. You're fine, aight?" His voice wavers at first, but it sets into a strong, yet gentle tone.
"H-help me..." You inhale sharply through your mouth, almost choking on your own tears. Oh god. You were officially a raging, sobbing mess with problems in your head. He is going to leave you. You're not good enough. You are a burden. The darker conscious mocks your pain, taking bits and pieces of your energy and self-esteem with it. "D-Don't leave me!" You scream, and the male shakes his head in return.

"I won't do that." He replies, inching closer to you.

"But I'm stupid!"

"No, you are pretty darn smart."

"I'm ugly too!"

"Nope, don't see that either. You are absolutely gorgeous."

"I-I'm..."

"You are fricken perfect." Nijimura finishes the small debate between the two of you. By now, the male was right in front of you. "When were you ever gonna say that? Huh?" He lightly scoffs, softly smiling at you as he pulls you into his arms. You rest your head on his chest, allowing his steady heartbeat soothe you. "When, huh?" Nijimura whispers, rocking you slightly back and forth.

"..."

You rocked with him for awhile, allowing your mind to free from all the chains and abusive voices that locked you into a phase of despair. He was almost your weed, your pill, or your alcohol. He was your escape. Once you settled down, he led you onto the sofa as he went to make you a cup of tea.

"It is almost done!" He calls out, and you hear the kettle practically screeching. What a terrible noise it makes.

"Mhm." You sat upright, your hand nicely placed on top of the other on your lap. You focused on the night sky outside and how nice the breeze must be at this time of day, 4:00AM. Your boyfriend comes into the room, handing you the hot mug before plopping down beside you.

"Feeling better?" Nijimura asked, the bags under his eyes were now much more visible. You nod, taking a sip before placing it onto the coffee table a few inches away from you. "That's good."

"T-thank you, Shuu-kun." You sigh a breath of relief and the male chuckles, pulling you down so that you could rest your head on his lap.

"Huh. I only came out to help because I was afraid you broke my new cups." He responds and you gasp, slapping his knee before giggling. "Just kidding." His fingers gently ran on your scalp, especially the front where you had pulled hard on. "It is my job to be there for you, baka." He continues, leaning down to kiss your head.

"But isn't it tiring?" You frown, allowing him to drape a spare blanket over you.

"Sometimes. But it is definitely worth it." Nijimura pulls the blanket up to your chin, making you smile. "Now get some rest, alright?" You nod, allowing your eyelids to slowly droop down. Within seconds, you were fast asleep on Nijimura's lap.

--

"Yawn~" You squint your eyes as the opened window allowed the sunlight in, directly facing at you. You tried to get up, only to feel a body wrapped around you, pulling you in closer. "Shuu-?" He looked so peaceful when he slept, every inch of him was perfect. Well, besides his bedhair, but that was pretty cute too. You snuggled close to him, your head now under his chin. "Rise and shine," my angel.

--

A/N: SORRY ABOUT HAVING BARELY ANY UPDATES. PHYSICS. IN. SUMMER SCHOOL. You can imagine the pain I am going through. Mental breakdowns here, no sleep until 3:00AM because I have tests the next day after learning about it that day... Only 3 more days to go! Ha. Ha. Yeah. I also haven't gotten much work done on my cosplay. T^T So yeup. The struggles.

Who likes Physics? Not me!, Kougou-sama//07.21.2015