Sold.

"Get up, Ash," My mother demands. "We have to be at that auction by 11:30."
"Just five more minutes, please," I pout. "I'm tired."
As my mother pulls down my light pink comforter and spanks my ass hard, I sit up and ruffle my hair.
"Okay, okay." I say and motion her to get out of my room. I sigh and stand off my cheap, hard mattress. She exits my room with a grin and slams the door behind her.

I walk quickly to my dresser and pull out a grey crop top and a light pink skirt. I pull tights over my tanned legs after pulling up my panties. After clicking my black bra strap together, I pull on my cheap crop top. Then, pulling up my skirt, I walk to the bathroom.

Addressing my makeup and hair, I walk back to my room and check the clock. What even is this auction, anyway? It's 11:15. I walk down the stairs and sit down on our ripped up leather couch.

"What do you want for breakfast?" My dad asks.
"Nothing," I reply. " I don't eat breakfast, remember?"
"Ashley, I don't care if you're not a breakfast person. But, today is a special day for all of us. You need to eat because we will be there for a while. Now, fucking come up here and eat your fucking cereal. Or I'll spank your fucking wimpy ass."
"Yes, dad." I manage as water starts pooling in my eyes.

After breakfast, my mom and dad and I walk to our old Suburban. I cramp in the backseat and buckle my seatbelt. My dad starts driving furiously and rushes past cars illegally.
"Dad, I think you're going too fast." I say loudly, so he can hear over the music. He turns down the radio and stares his deep blue eyes at me.
"Ashley, what the fuck do you know about driving? You haven't even driven a damn car in your life. Now, I can go whatever the fucking speed limit is."
"Okay." I sigh and look out the window, seeing guys everywhere along a fence and a high tower with a microphone up top in the middle of the crowd. This must be the auction.

After five minutes of finding a parking spot, I ask, "Why are we bidding if we don't have any money to give?"
"Oh honey," My mom says. "We're not bidding. We're auctioning you."

So many words run through my head as she says those three words. So many questions. So many doubts. So much of everything.

My face goes numb and turns red. "W-what?"
"We need the money, sweetie." My dad says.
"Can't you get money a different way?" I ask, tearing up.
"We can't apply to jobs. To many felonies." My mother says.

I sweat and sob at the same time. I crash my face in my lap and wrap my arms around the back of my neck. What about school? Friends? College? Life!
"I-I don't want to go." I say through tears. Although it would be nice leaving my parents, what about my reputation?
"It's not up for negotiation, Ash. Come on, we're going to be even later than we already are." My mom says, opening her door.