Four

I decided that I should go ahead and get gas before I took Niall home, so I pulled into the nearest one I could find. After I put the gas thingy in, I got back into the car where Niall was still sitting.

"I never got your address," I said, looking over at him. He was staring straight ahead of him, but broke his gaze when I spoke.

"Oh yeah, sorry 'bout that! Here, why don't I just put it in your phone?"

I agreed and gave him my phone. He started typing it into my address book while I got out to finish up with the gas.

Once I got back inside the car, Niall gave me my phone back. I put his address into google maps, and we were off.

"Sooo..." I awkwardly said. Niall has gone back to staring out the window. "How long have you been seeing Liam?"

"Not to long, actually. About four months ago, I decided to switch therapists. The old one wasn't very good, and Liam looked nice enough." Niall said.

"Oh. I think that was a good choice, Liam's a really nice guy."

"Yep."

We sat in silence a little longer.

"So, um, if you don't mind me asking, why do you go and see Liam?" I asked, testing to see how far I could go.

More silence. So I continued talking.

"My dad signed me up," I said, "He thinks I have problems, but I don't. Yeah, I might be a loner, but I'm okay with that."

"A loner? As in, you don't have friends?" Niall asked.

I shrugged. "Yeah, but I'm alright with it. I don't have that much longer in school anyways."

"That's nothing to be alright with." Niall commented. "Don't you ever wish you had someone besides Liam and your dad to talk to?"

Now it was my turn to be quiet.

"I guess sometimes, but I get over it," I told him.

Once again, it was silent until Niall spoke again.

"Well I think it's nice that your dad signed you up. He's looking after you, and obviously cares about you. That's more than I have."

"You signed yourself up?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Like you, I don't have friends either, so it's nice to be able to talk to someone," He said. "Unlike you, I wish I had friends."

We were almost to his house. I turned onto his street.

"Wait! Can you uh, stop here?" He asked nervously.

"But your house is at least five houses down!" I replied, confused, but pulling the car over nonetheless.

"I know, but, I'm actually going to stay the night at a friends house." He said, already getting out of the car.

"Okay then...?"

"Thanks for driving me. I really appreciate it!" Niall smiled at me gratefully.

"No problem. I'm just glad you got home. It was nice talking to you!" I said.

Niall shut the door, and I started to drive away, heading back home.

Didn't he say he didn't have any friends?
-------------------
Hello everyone, that was chapter four! I hope you enjoyed it!
Sorry I haven't updated in so long, I've been busy. I'm going to try and start scheduling updates though.

So yeah! Why do you think Niall lied to Harper about going to a friends house? Comment your thoughts!

Thanks for reading, and I'll try to update soon!💕