Chapter 8- Day on the creek and in the rain.

PRESENT

Before I could read some more, Miss Williams sighed and said "Oh dear . . . I do wish I could remember the end of this story." Then the nurse came by and said "The children are here." I put a bookmark in the book to mark my place and Miss Williams asked "Children?" The nurse said to her "Not yours dear." Then she pointed to me and motioned the people visiting to come over. I asked Miss Williams "Do you mind?" She smiled and said "Oh I would love to meet them." Then I got and hugged my daughters and shook my sons hand. Then they came over and Miss Williams said "Hello, I'm Sarah." My daughter with blonde hair and brown eyes said to her "Hi, I'm Amanda." Then my other daughter that has brown hair and blues eyes said "Hi, I'm Emily Rose." Then my granddaughter said "Hi, Juliet." Sarah told her "What a pretty name." Then my grandson gave her a hug and she laughed. Then she asked looking a man with blond hair and glasses "Henry." Ms. Williams smiled and said "Hello Henry." We were all silent. Then Sarah said "You know, I think I might run on up and take my afternoon nap." The nurse helped her up and I told her "I'll read some more later." She told me it was fine. Then she bided everyone good-bye. Then Emily Rose said "She seems good today, father." I said to her "She is good. I don't know, there's something about today. Maybe it's a day for a miracle." Everyone had frowns on their faces and then Amanda said "Father . . . come home. Mother doesn't know us. She doesn't recognize you. She'll never understand." Then Emily Rose butted in and said "We miss you. This is crazy. You living here." Then Henry looked at me and said "Yeah, you know we'll all help mother. We can take shifts visiting." I sighed and said to them "Look guys. That's my precious. I'm not leaving her. This is my home now. Your mother is my home." Soon after we all chatted, they all left and Sarah woke up and ready to hear some more of the story.

1947

After Sarah left Jareth's house, she went to her hotel room and when she opened the door she heard her phone ringing. She picked up the receiver and said "Hello?" On the other line, they person with a deep male tone said "Hey there." Then she said "Hi. Who is this?" The person on the other line said "It's Blaise. Who were you expecting?" She stuttered for a bit and said "Umm . . . nobody. I'm just surprised. How did you find me?" Then Blaise said in the receiver "Well there was only one hotel in Seabrook and when you didn't call, I got worried. Where you been? Are you all right? You know I feel like an idiot 'cause I called your hotel room a hundred times." She chuckled and said "No . . . I'm fine." Then he asked her "Is there anything you want to talk about?" She told him no. They went back and forth with the no's until Blaise said "Okay." Then she said "Blaise, I love you. Call you tomorrow?" Blaise told her okay and then they hung up. After they hung up, Sarah sat quiet for a minute. Then she got ready for bed.

The next morning, She drove up to Jareth's house and started looking for him. She yelled his name and waited for him to answer. She looked around the house and saw he wasn't there. Then she went to the barn but only saw handmade furniture. She took her hand and stroked the wood on the chairs and dressers. Then she heard some one say "Hey there." She turned and saw Jareth in the hayloft. After he climbed down, she smiled at him and then he said "Well we better get going. There's a storm coming in."

Jareth lead her to the dock where there was a row boat sitting on the water. She got in first and Jareth came next and then he started rowing. After hours of rowing, Sarah found out that they were in the creek. As Jareth kept on rowing, they came up on some ducks but there wasn't 5 or 6 but a million of them. Sarah looked around and smiled. Jareth asked her "Do you like it?" She looked at him and said "It's magnificent, Jareth . . . It feels like a dream." Then Jareth asked her "Do you want to feed them?" She nodded her head excitedly. Then he reached behind him and grabbed a thing of bread crumbs that was wrapped up in a towel. She grabbed the towel and started throwing crumbs at the ducks. Then she asked Jareth "What are they all doing here?" He shook his head and said "I don't know. Their suppose to migrate to Guatemala South." She looked at him and asked "They won't stay here?" He shook his head again and said "No. . . they'll go back to where they came from." She shook her head and continued throwing more crumbs.

Then she sat up and said to him "You're different." He looked at her with confusion and asked "What do you mean?" She looked at him and said "Just the way you look. Everything." Then he said "You look different too, but in a good way." She smiled and chuckled. She looked down and then looked back at him and said "You know your kind of the same too." He asked her in a cheerful tone "Yeah?" She smiled and told him "Yeah. And you really did it. You did everything. The house . . . it's beautiful what you did." He smiled and said "Well I promised you I would." She looked at him with a sad face but smiled and threw the last bread crumbs. Then They looked at the sky and heard thunder coming. Then Jareth said "Great . . . .We got to go." She shook her head and Jareth started rowing them back to the house.

While he was rowing, the sky turned dark and it wasn't long until rain started pouring down. While Jareth was rowing, Sarah was trying to cover her head with the towel that had the bread crumbs. While she was becoming uncomfortable, Jareth laughed at what she was doing. Then she gave up and threw the towel at him. Then he started laughing more and so did she. While she was laughing, she leaned back and sat up and looked at him as had a look like she was thinking. When they made it to the dock, Sarah got out first and started walking while Jareth was putting the boat upside down. Then Sarah walked back to him and said "Why didn't you write me, Jareth? Why? It wasn't over for me. I waited for you for seven years and now its too late." He shook his head and said " Sarah, I wrote you 365 letters . . . I wrote you everyday for a year." She looked at him and asked "You wrote me?" He told her yes. She stuttered. Then he said "It wasn't over. Still isn't over." Then he ran up to her and kissed her.