Prologue

BEGINNING SCENE

It was night time the sun was setting. There was a man in a row boat rowing down a creek that lead to a house. In the house sat an older woman watching the sun set. Then a voice of a nurse in the back ground calls for the older woman. "Excuse me? Come on honey lets get you ready for bed." Then the man in the row boat continues rowing.

PRESENT

I am no one special. Just a common man with common thoughts. I've lead a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will be soon forgotten. But in one respect, I've succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and my soul and for me that was always enough.

As I woke up to the sun shinning bright through my window. I had a song in my heart because today could be a day for a miracle. I got up, put on a white tank, put a black dress shirt over it, a pair of black kakis, and a pair of black dress shoes. Then I went to my mirror and brushed my hair, put on my glasses, put my reading glasses and let them hang off my shirt, and grab my notebook. Then I went out of my room on my way to the medicine counter.

As I walked by the nurses desk, a male nurse said to me "Looking good Mike." I smiled, gave him a high-five and said "Feeling good." Today I was going to help someone remember her life. After I took my medication, I went on my way to her room. When I got there, I saw a nurse in there talking to her. "It's a lovely day outside. Lets take a walk?" The nurse said. I heard the old woman say in a shaky tone "I don't think so." She seemed nervous about something. Then the nurse said" Well we've got to get you out of this room. Come on honey. Some fresh air will do you good." I went in the room and greeted them.

The nurse came up to me and said "I'm sorry, its not a good day. I don't think she's up for anything." Then I heard the older woman ask "Hello?" The nurse looked at her and introduced me. "This is Mike. He's come to read to you." The older woman had concerned look on her face. "Read?" she asked. The nurse nodded her head. "Oh . . . . .I don't know" she said to the nurse. The nurse smiled and said "Oh come on. you'll like him. He's very funny." Then I smiled.

After that I lead her to a glass room and I had her sit down. After I sat down I took my glasses off and replaced them with my reading glasses and opened my notebook and started reading it to her. "All right now . . . where did we leave off? Oh yes. It was the night of the carnival. Jareth was there with his friends Arian and Mackenzie." The woman asked "Jareth?" I smiled and said "That's where they met. June 6th, 1940. Sarah was 17 years-old."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear reader,

I dedicated this chapter to 2018Monarch because she came up with the names Arian and Mackenzie. I'm so grateful for her help. Thank you 2018Monarch

Sincerelly,

davidbowiefanQUEEN