Chapter 1-Love at first sight

June 6th, 1940

Jareth and Arian was at the Bell and Hammer game. Arian grabbed the hammer and slugged it down to hit the bell but only made it about three quarters. The person in charge of the game said in a cheerful tone "Little man wins a prize." Arian was really mad. He didn't like the game one bit. After he got a small stuff animal as a prize, he told the person in a sarcastic tone, "Hahaha your real funny."

Then he and Jareth left and went to the bumper cars. "Man . . . . I clobbered that thing. The game there is jacked." He told Jareth. After they got to the bumper cars, they leaned on the railing watching Mackenzie bump her car into another girls car. Jareth looked at the girl and the first thing he noticed was her raven black hair. Then he stood up and asked Arian "Who's this girl with Mackenzie?" Arian looked at him and said "Her name's Sarah Williams. She here with her family over the summer. Dad's got more money than god." Jareth kept his eye on the girl with the raven black hair.

Then Mackenzie looked in their directions and yelled "Hi Arian!" Arian looked at her and yelled "Hi honey. Look I won you a prize!" Mackenzie was so surprised, she yelled "Oh Arian! Thank you!" The whole time Arian was talking to Mackenzie, Jareth still kept his eye's on Sarah Williams. After the ride Mackenzie, Sarah and three other guys with them (not Jareth and Arian), got off. One of the guys offered to buy Sarah some cotton candy and she told him sure. Then Jareth stepped in front of them and asked Sarah "Will you dance with me?" She looked at him with disbelief and said "No."

He shook his head and asked "Why not?" She scoffed and said "Umm . . . because I don't want to." A guy who had brown hair and was wearing a yellow shirt leaned forward and told him" Jareth . . . . . she's with us." Then a guy with blonde hair and blue shirt who also had the cotton candy ask her "Hey Sarah. Want to ride the farris wheel?" She smiled and said "I'd loved to." Then they walked off and left Jareth alone but he just smiled. After they left him, Mackenzie said to Sarah "Jareth King." Sarah asked her "What?" Mackenzie chuckled and said "Works at the lumber yard with Arian." Sarah looked away and said "Oh . . . . . . did you see he was standing like two inches away from my face?" Mackenzie smiled and said "Yeah I saw. That's Jareth though. You know I'm surprised he even came over. I think he likes you." Sarah scoffed in disbelief.

Later, while they were on the ferris wheel, Jareth kept his eyes on Sarah as she up and down on the ferris wheel. Then he had an idea pop up in his head. He ran towards the ferris wheel and jumped in the seat with Sarah and the blonde guy with her. As the seat went up, the ferris wheel operator yelled "Hey you can't do that!" Jareth yelled at him back "I'll pay you when I get down Johnny!" Then he looked at the girl sitting next to him and said "Hi I'm Jareth King." He stuck his hand out to shake hers but instead she asked in an irritated tone "So?" He was silent for a second then said "So it's nice to meet you."

The other guy asked "Sarah who is this?" She stuttered "I-I don't know. Jareth King." Jareth continued to talk to her. "I would really like to take you out." But then the blonde guy butted in and said "Hey friend, do you mind?" Then the ferris wheel stopped and the operator yelled "You can't have more than two in a seat, Jareth!" Jareth nodded his head and yelled "Okay Johnny."

Then he stood up and grabbed the bar in front of him and hung there. Mackenzie yelled "Get down Jareth, your gonna kill yourself!" Then Arian yelled "Cut it out Jareth!" But he didn't listen. Then Jareth asked Sarah "Now will you go out with me?" She looked at him and said "What? No!" He shook his head and asked "no?" She got all frustrated and said "No!"

Then the boy with the blonde hair said "Hey pal. She just told you." Then Jareth asked her "Why not?" She looked at him with an angry glare and said "Uh I don't know. Because I don't want to." He looked down at the ground and then back at Sarah and said "Well, you leave me on other choice then." Then he let one his hands slip off the bar and caused them to panic. Mackenzie yelled "I'm not kidding Jareth stop fooling around!" Then Arian yelled "Jareth grab the bar!" Jareth looked at her and said "I'm going to ask you one more time. Will you or will you not go out with me? God my hand's slipping." Mackenzie yelled "Grab the bar you idiot!" Jareth smiled and yelled "Not until she agrees!" Arian looked up and yelled "Oh come on honey." Since Sarah couldn't take it anymore, she said "Okay, okay fine, I'll go out with you." He continued to look at her and said "No, don't do me any favors." Then she said "No, no I want to." The man with blonde hair asked her "You want to?" She yelled "Yes!" Jareth looked at her and told her "Say it." She told him she wanted to go out with him. This went on till she yelled at him "I want to go out with you!" Then Jareth grabbed the bar and said "All right, all right we'll go out." She sat back and scoffed. "You think your so smart?" She questioned him.

Then Mackenzie yelled "That wasn't funny, Jareth you idiot!" Then Sarah yelled and said "No it's okay, I'll take care of this!" Then she leaned forward, and started unbuckling his belt. Then when it was loose, she pulled his pants down for everyone to see his underwear. Everyone laughed and Sarah asked "You're not so cocky now are you?" Jareth couldn't believe how embarrassed he was when she did that. He grunted and said "I'm going to get you for that." She kept on chuckling and said "Oh maybe you will. Maybe you won't." Later, everyone at the carnival saw him hanging on the ferris wheel with his underwear showing.