Chapter 4 - Fights, make ups, break ups, and arguments

Many days passed and Jareth and Sarah became closer than ever but it wasn't always happy. They didn't agree on much. In fact, they very rarely agreed on everything. They fought all the time. And they challenged each other everyday. but despite their differences, they had one thing in common. They were crazy about each other. One night, after Jareth drove Sarah home, He pulled her into a passionate kiss. Then she broke off got out of the car and ran up the steps that lead inside her house as Jareth went home. When she got to the door she heard a deep male voice. She turned and saw her dad in a rocking. While out of breathe, she said "Oh god . . . daddy. You scared me. I didn't see you there." She cleared her throat and stayed quiet until her dad asked "You becoming friendly with that boy now are you?" She nodded her head. Then her dad said "Bring him over to the house on Sunday. I want to meet this boy." She told him okay and bid him good night. After she went inside, Her dad, laughed and then said with a sigh "Oh boy."

Sunday came Jareth met Sarah's parents, Robert and Karen, and her little brother Toby, who seemed to take a liking to him. While they were eating lunch, Robert has been telling jokes and her mom was telling one of the maids there to take the liquor from her husband. Jareth and Sarah didn't laugh at the joke. Then one of the guest asked "So Jareth where do you work?" Jareth look at him and said "Oh umm . . . I work at the lumber yard with Arian. Mainly milling and receiving logs . . . and stripping the bark." Then a woman said "Well that's lovely dear." Jareth told her thank you. Then another man asked "Hey Jareth if you don't me asking, how much do you make at your job?" Jareth was silent. Then he said "Umm . . . like 40 cents an hour." Everyone was silent for a while. Then Jareth continued. "Yeah I know its not much but I don't need a lot. I save the rest."

Then Sarah's dad said "Lets eat. Shall we?" While everyone did, Karen looked at Jareth and her daughter and said "So Jareth, you and Sarah have been spending a lot of time together. You must be very fond of each other. It's getting pretty serious, isn't it?" Jareth looked at her and said "Yes ma'am." Karen looked at her plate than at Jareth and said "Well summer's almost gone. What will you do?" He looked at her and said "Well you know Charleston only a couple hours away." Then she looked at him with a concerned looked and said "But Sarah's going to Sarah-Lawrence. Did she tell you?" Sarah looked at her in disbelief. "No she didn't." Jareth said. Then he looked at Sarah. Then she said "I just got the letter. I've been meaning to tell you." Jareth smiled, held her hand and said "It's okay precious." Then he gave her a kiss on the cheek. But then Karen butted in adding "And Sarah-Lawrence is in New York." Sarah and Jareth looked at Karen while Jareth looked calm, Sarah was irritated. He tilted his head and said "I didn't know that."

Then Robert said to his wife "Karen, this conversation's too stuffy for the dinner table. Let the children have fun without bringing in the Spanish Inquisition." Karen wiped her mouth with her napkin and said "My lips are buttoned, right now." Then Robert was about to tell everyone at the table that he knew another joke about a nun and the full standing bishop. But Karen threatened that she was going to leave the table if he told another joke. After dinner Sarah and Jareth went on the river by Sarah's house. While they were swimming along with Toby, Karen said to Robert "That child's got to much spirit for a girl of her circumstances, Robert." Robert shook his head and said "Nah it's just summer love." Karen looked at Robert and told him "Trouble is what it is."

The next day but at night, Sarah came by Jareth's house. When Jareth saw her, he pulled her into a passionate kiss. He stirred her to where her back was against the wall. Then they broke apart to catch their breathe. Then Allan yelled "Is that Sarah out there?" Jareth looked at Sarah and asked her "Do you want to go somewhere?" She looked at him and said "Okay?" Then they got in his truck and drove to their location. When they got there, Sarah saw an old house. Jareth told Sarah to wait outside for a minute. After he went inside the house, she got out of the truck and looked out the river and watched the moon. Then Jareth yelled "Sarah, come on!" Then she turned and ran towards him smiling. He told her to close her eyes as he lead her inside.