Chapter Two

Getting Things Down

The first week of school breezed by rather quickly, thank God! No, really, thank God it’s FRIDAY!! I lay on my bed, eyes shut ready to take a nice long nap, until I hear a quick knock at the door and my mother enters. 

“Alyse honey, tell me what you think of this” my mom gushed as she did a little twirl in the middle of my room. “I was thinking of wearing it tomorrow night when your father and I go on our date”.

My parent‘s anniversary is this Saturday, so she was trying to look extra good for their tomorrow night.

“It’s amazing, I love it!” I said and really she looks amazing wearing a fuchsia one strap ruffles on the strap, fitting dress with most of her back out. The color accented very nicely with her tan skin, making her green eyes shine more, even her black hair seemed to shine too. The fact that the dress was fitted and just met the top of her knees, showed off her awesomely toned body and legs, all thanks to her morning jogs and Pilates classes. I can only hope I look that good when I’m in my middle thirties.

“Isn’t it, ugh when I seen it in the store I knew I just had to have it!” She replied with a huge grin. “Oh and that remind me” she said quickly darting out of the room.

Before I thought to follow her she came back in holding a very pretty back and red leopard print mini skirt. The very same mini skirt, just a couple day ago she said I couldn’t have because it was too short, as said that about all the mini skirts I brought home and she made me take back! When will she realize I’m getting older and it’s ok to wear these type of clothes occasionally. 

“Oh my gosh! Mom you said I couldn’t have it cause it was too short, and now you brought it to boast and where for yourself!” I yelled a lil irked by this.

“Mother’s shouldn’t even wear such skimpy clothes, it’s not becoming.” I added hoping she’d take it back. If I couldn’t wear it, then neither could she. How rude to be such a show-off I thought angrily.

She smiled, “Hm, you’re right it is a little short, I don’t know why I rethought my decision and bought this for you.”

My mouth gaped open at a loss for words.

“Yes, very skimpy” she continued emphasizing the word “skimpy”, “I guess I was right the first time, I’m going to tak--”

“Noooooo, Mom!” I cut her off “I was wrong, it’s not too short or skimpy at all. Very classy, yep class. PLEASE mom, please I’m so sorry, I was just mad, cause I thought you boasting about it like you got it for yourself and you knew I really wanted it, and I’m sorry please, let me have. Please don’t take it back, you’d probably look great in it too, you‘d be like the hottest mom on the block and everyone would jealous, I‘m sorry” I said in a rush.

At that, my mother cracked up laughing saying “No--it’s fine, it’s for you, I wouldn’t wear it cause I’m far past the age of mini skirts, but thanks Honey” she finished with a smile

“No thank you mom! I now have something great for Saturday” I replied happily taking the skirt from her hands.

“That is if all your homework is done by then” she replied sternly and then walked out the door, although I caught a glimpse of a smirk as she left.

Homework. How could I have forgotten. If I didn’t get this all down I wouldn’t be able to go to Jase’s party and I know Nay really wants me to go with her. TB just had to lay me us on with a two page essay on how it would feel it our “name” means to us and how it would feel if it was tarnished like Mr. Proctors might be. I also had 20 questions of book work from Mrs. Stein, my Pre-Calculus teacher and then Physics worksheet with applying equations to answers, basically more math homework. Ehh.