Study Buddies

3 weeks later....

Kiriko POV

"Mom?!" I ran into the lounge with Jacob tailing behind me. "Yeah?" I looked at her and saw she was sitting down reading a book.

"Mommy look!" Jacob yells as he pushes his bookbag in front of her. A week after uncle Ayato died, he started calling mom and dad, mommy and daddy.

"Wow, that's really good." She says taking out a picture in his bookbag. Guess he has no problem with Japanese school.

"Thanks mommy!" He sits on the floor and pulls out some crayons. "Mom, where's dad?" He's been missing for a while.

"He was here this morning. He went back to the HQ." Mom sighs. Dad has been at the HQ trying to figure out who's trying to kill us.

The bidders also in their own pursuit trying to help us. I went up to Kikuki's suite and saw everyone sitting and talking.

"Hey, now we have a tie breaker. Which is better? Coke or pepsi?" Satoshi asks. "Pepsi. Better fizz." I smirk and sit on the bed with Kikuki.

"Ya know, it's weird." Satoshi mumbles. "What is?" Tskune asks.

"That only a week ago, we witnessed that people are trying to kill Kiriko." Satoshi stands up snd walks towards me.

"At least our parents are trying hard to figure out who it is." Sugato says.

"Well so I just wanna do this."

Satoshi grabbed my face and pressed hos lips in mine. Ok, I was shocked and didn't know what to do.

Since I don't know how to kiss I stood frozen, he pulled away with a look of hurt innhis eyes. "Of course you don't feel thee same." he mumbles and walks out of the room. "Satoshi!" I got up and an up to him. "yah?" he says coldly,, which is unlike him.

"I-I'm sorry it's jusst-"

"It's ok. I understand that you  dont like me.'  he  said and walked away.

"B-but, I do like you..." I mumbled to myseelf.

I covered my face with my ffaands and let out a sharp exhale.

*The next day*

I walked into biolagy/chemistry course and sat at the seat in the middle. The seat next to me wwas empty. Class stated and our teeacher said sometthing about a project. The door opened and Takahiro walked in. "Sorry i'm late." he smirks.

He sits by me and i feel his intense glare on my face. "May I help you?" I asked. "You have no choiceactually cause we're partners."

Ughh. Great.

~~Timee Skip~~

I walked to the lunch room and sat at the table with everybody else. Except Satoshi wasn't sitting with us. He walked in and Tskune called him over.

He turned away and went to sit outside on the court. "Why won't he sit with us," Kikuki asks. I look down and sigh. "Cuz he thinks Kiriko doesn't like him." Sugato says.

"But that's not true! Kiriko told me he didn't even let her finish!" Kikuki jumps up. "I'm gonna go talk to him." She mumbles.

Kikuki POV

I went into the court yard to see Satoshi looking down at his phone while a girl with blonde hair talked to him flirtatiously. I went behind her and yanked her collar backwards so she fell on the floor.

"Excuse me?!" She growls. "You didn't have to do that." I turn around and see Satoshi looking at me. "Well I'll see you tomorrow Satoshi!" She stands up walking away.

"What do you want Kikuki?"

"Why aren't you sitting with us,"

"Cause I have other things to do."

"Like what? Mope cause you think Kiriko doesn't like you?"

"That has nothing to do with you-"

"You're all my family! It has everything to do with me."

"Look. I really don't need your input. Why don't you focus about you and leave me alone? I didn't have a mom for a while and I don't need you stepping up to the role." He stood up and walked away.

"Ugh. Bastard...." I stomped my foot and walked away.

Back at the table the Kiriko was talking to Takahiro and I walked over and sat beside her. "Look we don't need your flirty ways today." I say.

"Sorry' I was just figuring out who's house I'll meet her at today. He smirks and walks away.

I give her an explain look and she says,"We're working on a project together for biology." She says sadly.

*After school*
Kiriko POV

"You're limo has so many unnecessary things." I say to Takahiro.

He shrugs and types something on his phone.

The drive was silent and awkward so I was grateful when we pulled up to a mansion.

"Walking in he greeted his father in the rudest way. "Sup geezer." He says and walks away. "And who might you be young lady?" His father asks.

"Oh, In Kiriko Oh." I bowed.

I saw him tense up and his hands clenched into fist. He relaxed in a smile and said,"Oh... yes, you're father is Soryu, am I right?" He asks. "Yes." I look at him'

"Soya! Please take this young lady to Takahiro:s Room."

As we walked I noticed there were lots of pictures with Takahiro's father and a little girl with short red hair stopping at her ears.

Her blue eyes sparkled and there were many pictures of her. She reminded me of mom with her red hair. But mom said she never knew her parents so I shook it off.

In Takahiro's room he was sitting at a desk looking at a computer. "There. I wrote most of what we needed." He mumbled and turned to me.

In only a little bit of time?

I stepped over his dirty clothes and looked over his shoulder and saw what he wrote. "Really, Takahiro. That's one sentence." I say.

"Are you saying I'm not contributing?" He asks and moves from his chair and onto his bed.

"N-no." I stuttered.

I noticed a small frame that had a picture of the little girl and I picked it up. "Hey, um who's this?"

"My dads adoptive daughter. She died 15-16 years ago. And cause of her I was made of a one night stand." He sighs.

"and cause of her i dont really get the love i want from my father, basiclly, i pretty much hate her."

"what was her name?" i asked,

"something like iori or idokori."

oh.