1

"Eliana your up next." The instructor tells me as I walk up to the side of the stage to watch the person before me preform her audition.

Being a professional ballerina in the 21st century is hard. Girls start at the age of 5 in little tutus to look pretty for their parents, but rarely to they pursue it. But when they do, it is never easy. Having the main role is what we all want. Having the opportunity to be discovered, and travel the world is a dream come true.

"Knock them dead." My best friend Mila says with a wink. Trying to calm my self down, I take deep breaths to soothe myself.

Just breath. Everything will be okay. You've been practicing for weeks.

"Eliana Emerson." The director of the programs calls as he waits for me to walk onto the bright stage.

"Remember, don't over think it. Just let the music guide you." Mila said before ushering me to the middle of the stage.

As I take my position, the story line comes to mind. How an evil sorcerer casts a spell on me to prevent me from freeing the others that are captive and from finding love with the Prince.

"Whenever you're ready." He says again before the rest of the room goes dark except for one light, that is shining on me.

When the music finally begins, at first the choreography comes to mind but then, I get lost in the music and am no longer thinking of what I'm supposed to do, but I felt that I should do. My mind switches off and my feet start moving to the soothing ballet music.

My hands, my whole body are captivated by the tune and the character. I am no longer in control. My legs start throwing me off the ground, my toes spinning me and my arms, helping me as well. Even though after the performance, the pain on my feet will be unbearable, those few minutes where I am free are what pushed me to dance.

"Thank you." Before I know it, the music has stopped and the lights are back on.

I look to the director and his assistants, but behind them, hidden in the dark is another man. A hoodie hides his face, and his slumped body hides anything that may be recognizable.

I look to the side and notice a huge smile on Mila's face. I smile towards the director saying a "thank you." and run towards her.

"You were amazing." She says while pulling me into a hug." They will surely choose you." She adds before pulling away to look back at the stage.

"Leila Adams." The instructor says calling another contender before walking away once again.

"They have to pick you. You are perfect for the role." She says as she wraps her arm around me while making our way to the changing room.

"But what if they don't." That is what has been bugging me all day. I may have given them the performance of my life, but what if it isn't good enough for them?

"They will." She reassures me as we make our way to the dressing rooms.

"But-" She glares at me, stopping me from saying anything else. "You're so annoying." I tell her while chuckling as I make my way to my bag that is placed on a bench.

"But you love me." She says with a wink.

"No I don't. Go away." I open my bag and see an envelope with my name on it. I pull it out of the bag and look up at Mila.

"Did you put this in here?" I ask her. She just shakes her head before looking back at her phone.

Who could have left this is my bag?

I turn the envelope over and peel it open. Inside it, was a letter. Who still writes letters?

I unfold the paper and look at the handwritten note. The words are written neatly across the smooth, white surface. A strong masculine scent overpowers  my nostrils as I take deep breaths.

"Dear Eliana,
You do not know me but I hope we will meet someday.
I just wanted to wish you luck on your audition. You are very talented and you are perfect for the part. Turning you down would be the worst mistake of their lives.

Sincerely,
H.S "

My eyebrows furrowed together as I reread the letter over and over again. Who is this person and why would he write me this letter?

"What's that?" Mila asks walking towards me while slipping her phone into her pocket. I look up at her and shrug.

"Someone put this letter in my bag." I tell her while running my fingers over his signature.

"Who?" Good question. I have no fucking clue.

"I don't know." She grabs the letter and reads it, a smile forming on her face after every word.

"I don't know if this is cute or creepy." She tells me while laughing. I just glare at her but she keeps laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" I question her.

"Because you look freaked out." She says while shrugging.

"Well it is freaky." She just looks at me with a smile and shakes her head.

"No it's cute. It's just a harmless admirer who has a crush on you. " I look around the room once again hoping to have an idea as to know this is.

"But wouldn't he just come up to me?"

"Because first of all you are kind of intimidating." I cross my arms over my chest protecting myself from her hurtful words.

"That's not true!" I defend. She chuckles at me once again before sitting next to me. She starts rubbing my back and says again.

"You have an admirer. That's all. It's probably one of those male dancers." I smile at that.

"Yeah, your probably right." My shoulders relax and I take deep breaths. It's nothing. You're just being paranoid for nothing.

A.N
Okay so there wasn't Harry in this Chapter but remember, he stalks her so he will wiggle his way into her life progressively. This shit takes time :)

I know I was supposed to update yesterday or even before that but I was really busy yesterday. I went into the city (SF) with my grandparents.

I hope you like the book so far. Shit my hands asleep rn. I should go to sleep too.
Bye

Vote, comment & Share