23 - The Letter.

Carter's perspective:

I tell my sister I'm sorry and walk out of the mansion.

Once I'm out I hit a button that will make a small explosion coming from my mother's necklace. It will only kill Tori and Moriarty. I'm not that cold.

As I walk farther away I get a knot in my stomach. It's guilt. All I ever wanted for her was a good life. All she ever wanted was to get married and have a kid. I just took everything from her and in the process turned my mother's necklace into a weapon. That necklace meant so much to both of us. It was a sign of love and hope. I ruined it.

I'm such a sick, twisted bastard! What was I thinking! They would have suffered a worse death. After all those criminals found out she was alive...I was doing her a favor, but then again I can never forgive myself.

I make it to a bridge and sit down on the side. I take deep breaths in and out, again and again.

After thinking things through, I write a note and put it in my pocket. Surely it will find the child some how. It could be its saving grace.

I take out my gun and point it at my head. Just as someone tries to stop me, I shot. If she doesn't live, neither do I.

Goodbye, find the child well, if it lives...

-§-

Sup! I had to do this chapter. The story wouldn't be complete if I didn't write this. It needed some closure. Which leads me to tell you that......drum roll......there will be sequel! YAYAYA.
Thanks.
-¡Meg!