Chapter 8

It's been a week since we took Axel up on his offer, a week of complete peace. I've been working as a waitress at Lorelei's diner, while Oliva helps out in the kitchen.

Lorelei has been a blessing to Oliva and I, she treats us with so much love, and kindness, that I start to remember what it's like to have a mom. She is amazing with Olivia, she has her baking, apparently "baking is good for the soul".  To be honest she's not the best but practice makes perfect. She even has us talking about our past.

***Flashback
" So girls, tell me a bit about your selves."

Looking up from my dinner, I feel conflicted. Do I tell her simple things, or the whole life story?. I don't know how she would handle our troubled past, luckily Olivia answers for me.

"Our parents died in a car crash when we were really young. We had to go to an orphanage for awhile."

"Oh dears, I'm so sorry. So did you get adopted?"

"Yes, by our uncle."
***End of  flashback

I can't help but still feel relieved Lorelei picked up on Olivia's mood change, and didn't ask anymore questions. Hearing the familiar sound of motorcycles, I know it's lunch time. The Reaper's Sons come in every day for lunch.

"Good afternoon darling, how are you today?"

"I'm good Axel, what can I get everyone to drink?"

I don't really know why I ask, they all get the same thing every day. Which I guess is normal, except for one order.

"Shawn, would you like something different today?"

"Nope, just the usual."

Everyone at the table cringes, they all know Oliva hasn't mastered baking yet, but no one has the heart to tell her that though. She works so hard on her pies. Looking at Axel, I see he's giving Shawn a smug smile.

"I think you just have a thing for the pie maker."

Shawn just shrugs, I've learned he's not much of a talker. Walking back toward the kitchen to turn all the orders in. I hear Axel call my name.

"Your car is ready, come by the shop tomorrow so we can talk about it."

I just give a nod.

****please vote/comment!!