Chapter Eighty-Five

Start from the beginning

I sigh and walk into the bedroom with the towel on my body, the best I can manage and a towel wrapped around my head.

Peeta is in there getting dressed.

"Hello, Mister." I tease, pulling the towel over me tighter, not really possible but I try. I walk over and start pulling stuff from the closet to wear.

"How about you wear the dress I got you? We're just staying inside tonight." Peeta says, hope in his eyes.

"Ugh, I don't really want to show my belly off, everyone is going to want to touch it and I don't want that." I say as a matter of fact.

Peeta comes closer to me, wrapping his strong, warm arms around me, holding my belly and pressing his lips to my shoulder, almost making that towel seem like a small deal.

"You have me for a reason. To protect you both." He mumbles against my skin.

I shiver involuntarily, "I think it's a beautiful dress. I just don't know how it'll look." I say truthfully.

I love the dress he got me and I know he spent a lot of money on me some new clothes so I should just suck it up for him. I'm not lying it's a beautiful dress but I'm so insecure about myself. The dress is long and has thin, mint green material and I really really like it.

"I think it'll look beautiful but you can wear whatever you feel the most comfortable in, sweetie. Don't wear the dress for me." Peeta smiles and kisses my shoulder.

I sigh, I know he doesn't really give a crud if I wear the dress either way but I know it would make him feel good if I did. It would show him how much I really do love it.

"I'm gonna try it, Peeta. I just love it but I barely wear dresses when I'm not pregnant." I laugh. He chuckles.

"Sorry, I just had to get it though."

I smile and turn to him, holding my top hem of my towel and I wrap him in an awkward, side hug.

Peeta smiles and rubs my back.

I lean up and press a kiss to his jawline.

"Go downstairs and I'll holler at you when I'm ready." I tell him.

He smiles and pecks my lips, making my heart race, it's surprisingly one of the first kisses we've shared today.

"You better save your kisses for that New Years one tonight." I laugh at Peeta.

"I will. I have something planned for us from about 11:45 to midnight-ish." Peeta tells me.

"What's that?" I ask.

"You're funny." Peeta says, giving me a smirk and walks out of our bedroom, closing the door behind him.

I smile like an idiot to myself as I get dressed.

I put the dress on and it really doesn't look that bad. It's figure forming so every curve shows and it's mostly just my belly. It's huge and I'm only 7 months. I'm scared to see what it will look like in just a few weeks, let alone at 9 months.

I sigh and go into the bathroom. I fix my hair, just leaving it falling down my back in curly waves. I quickly put on full makeup though, actually trying to look pretty for Peeta more than myself.

About 7:55, I call Peeta back up to get me.

"Goodness, Katniss. You look so beautiful." Peeta says, if humans had heart eyes, I know he would have them. I feel pretty good so hopefully I look as good as Peeta tells me.

"Thank you. I really like the dress, it's just so form-fitting and let's be honest, I'm a lot curvier than I was." I say, talking about by bigger belly, wider hips, bigger butt and breasts.