Chapter Eighty

Katniss POV-

"I'll be back!" Peeta says, rushing up the stairs, nearing tripping over them. 

I can't contain my laughter and a second later, he returns.

"One present for each of us." He says, putting a big bag on the table.

I laugh, leaning back against the couch and resting my hands on my belly.

He kneels beside me, "Open it." He urges.

I sit up and scoot to the edge of the couch, "You know what I find funny?" I start.

"What?"

"Well, several things but last year at this time, I was stuck up on Christmas with a broken leg and now this. I'm stuck sitting with a baby on the way." I laugh.

Peeta chuckles, "Next year should be better."

I smile genuinely at him, "I think so too."

"Open our present, brat!"

I chuckle and dig into his perfectly placed tissue paper and pull out a brand new pair of matching Christmas pajamas for both Peeta and I. He has a plain black t-shirt and he tells me to look at my shirt.

I open the t-shirt of mine and it says "Our Little Christmas Miracle" on it with a little baby in a Christmas hat on the belly.

"Aw, Peeta. This is adorable." I say excitedly.

It's probably the cutest maternity shirt I've seen.

"I'm glad that you like it."

I lean forward the best I can and peck his lips, "I love it."

He smiles, "There's a little more."

I reach down and grab a few little Christmas books for babies.

"I thought Willow might need some Christmas stories to have next year." Peeta tells me.

I smile genuinely, "Aw, Peeta. She's going to love them." I tell him truthfully.

"There's a few more things." He says.

I laugh and dig deeper into the bag and find a few little Christmas outfits for Willow.

They're absolutely adorable.

"I bought 9-12 month ones, hopefully she won't be bigger than that at 9 months old." He chuckles.

"Well, her Daddy is a baker and will spoil her so I guess we will see, won't we?" I tease him.

There's a onesie that says "Nice" on it and it has some leg warmers and a bow. Then there's a few other ones that say stuff like 'Baby's First Christmas' and things like that.

"So, something we are going to have to decide within the next few years is Santa..." Peeta says.

My eyes grow wide, "I'm not sure how I feel about lying to her but I don't think it's a bad idea. We will just have to see." I shrug.

"It's future us's problem." He laughs.

"Peeta, thank you. I love this all and I know Willow is going to love it too." I say and he stands up, leaning down and hugging me, pressing a kiss to my neck.

"I love you." I tell him.

He pulls back and smiles, "I love you too."

"Let's go put on our pajamas!" I say excitedly.

He chuckles, "We can do that and then come down here and make some food and drinks and then read and watch some movies. I can make a fire if you want."