Chapter Thirty-Three

Katniss POV- (A few nights later, after dinner)

"Katniss, do you remember when we went to the Capitol after our wedding?" Peeta asks softly.

I take my head off of his chest and look at him.

"Yeah."

"You know how we showered together a while back?"

"Yes..." I say slowly.

"Do you not remember the night at the lake in the Capitol when we swam butt naked together?" Peeta laughs.

I groan, "No, I had actually forgotten about that one."

He chuckles, "Me too. I was just thinking about stuff and I thought it was funny how we were so weird about it."

"About showering together?"

"Yeah, because we did weirder stuff than that."

"It's because I am pregnant, probably. I don't know it just feels weird and like you'd be disgusted with my body after this, so I guess those days are over." I groan.

He sighs, "They don't have to be and I've never been disgusted by your body and I won't be. I think you are perfect. I love seeing your scars and your marks and stuff, it doesn't make me think any less of you."

"But I'm pregnant. It's gonna get worse and you are going to see a lot of me soon. I'll probably get more scars too." I warn.

"It'll be okay. I promise, I don't mind. I have scars too, you know." He whispers softly, pressing a kiss to my ear.

I frown, "I know but it's different."

"How?"

I shake my head in denial, "I don't know, it just is."

He chuckles a little, "It's not any different, Katniss. You know that."

I sigh, not wanting to argue any further, even though I think I could put up a good argument right now, better than before.

"I don't think Willow is going to care either. I think she will think you are perfect." He says softly.

I give a sarcastic, half smile and scoff.

"I promise you nobody cares about how you look."

"I do."

He sits up, "You don't matter." He teases.

I let out a laugh and sit up.

"I want you to show me every mark on your body, all of them I don't care where they are."

"Peeta, stop." I say shaking my head.

"Please?"

I groan and show him my hands.

He takes each of them in his hands and looks at my palms.

Peeta takes my hands and kisses each scar. Every time I've accidentally cut myself while trying to cook or the times I fell when I was little and hurt my hands, the scars still show.

He flips my left hand around and holds it, intertwining our fingers and kissing my rings.

I just stare at him.

He is perfect.

I love him so much, my heart is aching.

He stops and looks up with his puppy dog eyes.

"Where else?" He asks softly, his face slightly red.

Hey, he was basically making out with my hands.