Chapter Seventy-Eight

Peeta POV- (The next day, 2pm)

(On the phone with Bristol)

"Hello?" I ask tiredly.

Katniss looks at me sleepily.

"Hey, can I come over?"

"Uh, yeah. We are just getting up." I say tiredly, squinting my eyes at the light.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I'll be over in like 20 minutes."

"Okay." I say and she hangs up.

I fall back onto the pillow and Katniss yawns, "Who was it?" She asks.

"Bristol." I say.

"What? Why?" Katniss asks, looking at me.

"She's coming over in a few minutes."

"Peeta, I don't want to see her. I swear if you told her to come over here I'm going to be mad." Katniss says, sitting up and glaring at me.

I get up out of bed, "I didn't tell her to come over. I swear." I say, putting on a new shirt and some pants.

I toss a t-shirt and some pants at her, "Put on some clothes." I tease her.

She groans and sticks her tongue out at me.

"Maybe I want to be in my underwear all day." Katniss says.

"I doubt it. At least not with people over." I wink.

"Peeta, why is she coming?" Katniss groans, pulling a shirt on over her head.

"I really don't know, baby."

She sighs, "Take me downstairs." She says, holding her hands out to me.

I laugh and walk over, picking her up.

"How's our little baby this afternoon?" I ask her, looking down at her big belly.

She sighs and lays her head on my chest and I carry her down the stairs, "She's hungry and hyper."

I chuckle, "I'm guessing you're not the hyper one today?"

"Nope." Katniss laughs.

"How about I'll make us all lunch when Bristol gets here?"

She gives me a look, "You better back me up on some of this."

I want to tell her I don't think we are really going to be all that focused on the earlier happenings, rather than the mystery man from last night.

"I will try but you know I can't just say I take your side because it's not completely true." I remind her.

"I know but still." Katniss groans.

I set her down into the couch, "Don't get up. If Bristol comes, stay sitting. I'm going to go start cooking." I tell her.

"Will you give me that blanket?" Katniss asks me, shivering.

I grab the blanket off the other chair and she gets comfortable on the couch. I hand her the blanket and bend down kissing her on the forehead, "Love you."

She scrunches her nose up, "I love you too."

I chuckle, "Call me when she gets here so I can open the door." I say and walk
into the kitchen.

Katniss POV-

I don't know how to react when Bristol comes in and I know it's going to be so awkward. I just hope that I don't make it worse. I am exactly not that good at keeping my mouth shut, especially right now.