Chapter 6

It was now the day after the whole picture incident and it was all Kanan could think about, including what he heard through the force from Ezra; it truly and largely bothered him of what the boy thought of himself, as well as that no one would want him!! Kanan decided that he needed to talk to the others about the whole thing, but would leave out the part were Ezra wants the man to be his new dad. Of course, the Crew were all sad and felt some form of guilt; they wanted to talk to him too, but was stopped by Kanan "no, I'll deal with it" he reassured before turning to the Captain "Hera, can I talk to you?? Alone please??" he asked. The two made their way into the cockpit, leaving Zeb and Sabine in the kitchen to their own thought and to speak. They sat down as Kanan began to speak "well...you already know that last night, whilst I was meditating, that I heard Ezra say what he thought of him...he didn't just think that" the woman raised a confused and concerned brow, indicating him to go on; Kanan took a deep breath "he also...sort of said...he wanted...he hoped that" it seemed he was struggling to stay it. Hera smiled as she reached out and gently grasped his hand "take your time dear" the man was thankful she didn't push him "he thinks of me as...as his new dad" he finally explained "but...but he also thinks I would kick him out and hate to have such a crap useless son". Kanan sighed as he felt like he could cry; Hera didn't let go of his hand as she spoke "what do you think we should do??" she asked, making the man look up "it's all I've been thinking about since last night and...well...I wanted to ask if, since we're a couple...if you" he paused for a moment "if you would want to become a mum??". Hera's eyes widened as she was gobsmacked by the question but soon smiled at her boyfriend "to be honest, I've alway kind of hoped you'd ask that". Both adults smiled; Kanan spoke again as they embraced one another "well then, we'd better ask Ezra once he wakes up if he wants to be adopted".

3 Hours Later....
Ezra finally re-joined the land of the living, changed into his jumpsuit before he headed towards the kitchen where everyone was sat; Sabine and Zeb were playing holochest whilst the other two Crew member's were watching with amusement. Chopper was still on charge. "Morning" the boy greeted as he retrieved some milk from the fridge "morning sleeping beauty" Sabine joked, making the rest of the Crew giggled. They were all sat down when Kanan gave his girlfriend 'the look' that said 'you ready'; she nodded in reply. The man spoke up, catching their attention "hey Zeb, Sabine, could you guys give me, Hera and Ezra a few minutes alone please??" the two shared a look before they both nodded, saying sure before leaving the room. Once the door closed, the attention was drawn to Ezra; he looked confused and worried, thinking he was in trouble. The woman seemed to read his mind "don't worry hun, you're not in any trouble" she reassured "we just want to talk" she explained calmly, earning a nod "okay, then what's on your minds??". Kanan took a deep breath before beginning "Ezra, promise me you'll tell the truth, no matter what" he wasn't asking, it was an order; Ezra slowly nodded "okay, good...is it true that you think of yourself as a crap, useless and unwanted street rat??". Ezra's eyes instantly widened, wondering how they knew; it was clear he had no choise but to tell the truth. He had promised to speak the truth as well. "well...um...maybe" he sighed "yes, but it's true!!" he then thought of something "wait...you heard me through the force yesterday!!" his eyes widened as he realised something else "so that means...you heard the other part??" the Jedi nodded. Ezra tried to jump up and run out of the room, as he didn't want to hear what he believed was to come next. To the teens surprise, before he could begin to run, Ezra felt a hand on his shoulder that forced him to turn around; the next thing he knew was he was in Kanan's arms, Hera quickly joining them. Ezra was more than confused, but still returned the kind and comforting gesture, not wanting to let go as he was worried he'd never feel the love and care feelings again. They eventually let each other go before Kanan start speaking "Ezra...we all love you, that's why we've been thinking and discussing something that you need to approve of" Ezra raised a brow but slowly nodded "okay...what is it??". The two adults shared a look, having a mental conversation before both of them took a deep breath "how would you feel if Kanan and I...if we adopted you??" they both sent kind smiles as Ezra seemed completely and utterly gobsmacked at the question; he couldn't even speak!! "Ezra...you okay bud??" Kanan asked, concerned but also wanting to know the kids answer; to their surprise, Ezra pretty much threw himself at them, wrapping his arms around them both. Kanan and Hera didn't hesitate to return the gesture, hugging the teenager back. Finally, Ezra answered their question "I love you" he whispered; the loving couple smiled "we love you too son".

5 Minutes Later....

Zeb and Sabine were sat on the ramp, talking to one another when all of a sudden, they heard footsteps running towards them. They turned to see Ezra being the one running towards them before lunging at and hugging them; the kid had the biggest smile on his face. Kanan and Hera soon walked over, both holding hands with smiles. "Okay, what have you done with Ezra?? He's never this happy" Sabine jokingly asked smiling; Ezra turned to the two adults "can I tell them?! Please!?" he begged, making they both giggle but nod. Ezra rushed over to the two and hugged then both "Hera and Kanan are going to adopt me!!" he exclaimed, his smile growing even more; he had tears in his eyes. "Congrats you guys!!" Zeb stated, more then happy for the three; Sabine agreed "Ezra, you must be so happy now that your dream came true!!" she exclaimed. Ezra turned a shade of pink "Sabine!!" Hera spoke up "Ezra...is that true??" she asked, earning a nod "kind of". Kanan pulled the kid into a hug "I love you bud". Ezra smiled as he welcomed the embrace "I love you too dad, and you mum" Ezra pulled Hera into hug, then Sabine and Zeb soon joined. They were all happy, even Zeb, because they had helped Ezra find family; he was finally not alone anymore. They were all a family not by blood, but by friendship, kindness, trust and love. And now, they would fight against the Empire together, not just as a Crew, but as a family.

The End.