Chapter 3

It's been 2 weeks since they all found out about Ezra's scars, they all saw him differently. Ezra over heard Kanan and Hera saying they need money now or else they were done for, so Ezra had and idea it wasn't his favourite but he knew it would get him money. So when everyone was asleep he sneaked out to go to town, he reached a very unease building that brought back some memories. He entered and said to a man that was beyond frightening "hey Bill". Bill looked evil at Ezra but smiled wickedly when he said "I need money and a lot quick".
It was 7 in the morning when the rest of the crew woke up and started to have breakfast,"hey has anyone seen Ezra, he wasn't in bed last night or this morning". The rest of the crew started yo worry untill the door opened with a hiss, and standing there was Ezra holding a bag of something. "Where the hell have you been all night!!" Hera shouted in worry. Ezra said nothing but sat down and put the bag on the table, Kanan looked in the bag and was shocked" how did you get this money...please tell me you didn't steal it". Ezra shook his head and said"i earned it, that's why I was gone last night, nos if you don't mind I would like to go to my room to rest" he said leaving everyone gobsmacked.

2 Weeks Later....

Through out the two weeks, Ezra continued to go to the old creepy building, meeting Bill at night; he'd be gone all night and return late in the morning. The Crew were always confused and wondered where he would go to earn the amount of credits, but the teen refused to spill the beans. They for some stupid reason did worry, that was until one day, the kid came home limping; they all asked him about it, but were reassured when he explained "I fell over and hurt the back of my foot" he practically waved it off "nothing to worry about". The other's nodded and continued their day, all except Kanan. The Jedi was worried because he knew for a fact - thanks to the force and his instincts - that it was a lie. Deciding enough was enough, that night, Kana stayed awake, lay on his bed until he head someone's light footsteps; he knew for a fact that it was Ezra. After a few seconds, the man jumped up, made sure he had his lightsaber attached to his belt before leaving his room, and soon enough, the Ghost. Kanan saw his Padawan running in the distance, not too far away; he raced after him, keeping his distance but making sure not to lose the kid. After ten minutes, Kanan saw Ezra enter the creepy, unsafe and frightening building that made the man worry even more; why was Ezra coming here?! How was he earning credits here?! He quickly followed and hid behind a few pipes as he saw the teen approach a man, most likely in his thirties; he listened closely. The kid spoke first "hey Bill, ready for round 12??" he asked earning a nod and smirk "you got my money??" that earned him a nod. Kanan watched from behind the pipes; he wanted to get closer, so he pulled the hood up on his dark green cloak and snuck around. Once closer, Kanan saw there were three large men with guns and knifes strapped to their belts, then the man from before - Bill, he believed he hear the teen call him - grab Ezra by the arm and drag him into the back of the building. Kanan, not liking any of this, quickly and quietly knocked one of the large and armed men out with the force, so he could take his place and follow, but not be noticed too much...hopefully. Once in the back room, he saw Bill approach Ezra, scanning him up and down before....slam!!! He punched the kid right in the stomach, most likely winding him. Kanan felt the rage turn from to a million from seeing this, but couldn't get to Ezra without risking both of their lives; something did confuse him though. 'Why won't the kid fight back?! He's going to get killed' he thought before deciding he's seen enough; Kanan used the force to knock the other too goons with weapons out before running over and hitting Bill with all his might, knocking him to the floor. "Touch him again and I'll make sure you never wake up" Kanan threatened, wishing glared could kill as the man on the floor would be six feet under by now; Ezra recognised that voice "Kanan...what are...you doing...here??" he managed to asked as he attempted to get regain his breath "you where getting hurt and wouldn't fight back, so I stepped in" Kanan explained as he helped the boy to his feet. Another voice spoke this time "he's not meant to fight back!! That's how credits by pain works" it was Bill; he was getting up from the ground. Kanan's eyes widened in horror as he stun around to his Padawan "you were what?! Ezra!! Some people die by doing that!!" he yelled "why the hell would you do this?!". Bill rolled his eyes before speaking again "kid, get off my land now" he ordered before grabbing a brown paper bag "here's what I owe you, now go" he handed the bag over to Ezra before pointing him towards the door; the teen nodded "okay, thanks for the credits".

The Master and Padawan were heading back to the ship in complete silence; that was until Ezra broke it by falling to the ground "oww". Kanan quickly rushed over and helped the teen back up to his feet, but held him to give some support "Ezra...why the hell would you do credits by pain?!" Kanan asked, wanting to understand what went through his students mind to think it was a good idea to do something as dangerous as that. "Not now Kanan, please" Ezra sighed, he was turned and in pain from tonight and previous nights; they once again fell quiet until reaching the ship. They both immediately noticed Hera, Sabine and Zeb stood on the ramp, all looking worried "where have you two been?!" Ezra surprisingly just walked past them to his cabin. They all turned to the Jedi "come on, I'll tell you all inside" they relocated in the common room. They all sat down as Kanan began to explain what had indeed happened; Bill, the large and armed men, the unsafe and creepy building, credits by pain and that that's where Ezra had been getting the credits from for the past two weeks. Everyone gasped once they gained this new information; they instantly knew they had to talk to Ezra about this once they had all gotten some rest.