Chapter 2

Kanan gently picked the injured teen up bridle style and took him to the mad bay as fast by careful as possible "guys!! Get in here!!" Kanan yelled into his com once he had placed Ezra down on the med bed; he was gathering the things he needed as the rest of the crew came rushing in. Once she saw the sight in front of her, Hera gasped before asking "what in the name of the force happened?!" the Jedi quickly explained that he had found the kid in a pool of his own blood and just said he had gotten gazed. Turning to the injured boy himself, Kanan spoke "okay mister, shirt off" he ordered "I need to have a look at how bad it is" to their surprise, Ezra seemed to panicked a little "no, I...I'm fine, really" he tried to reassure "I'll sort it out myself". The two adults gave him 'the look' that no one fought with; it was a look that said 'take the shirt off before we ripe it off'. Knowing he had no choose, Ezra slowly began to take the top of his jump suit off, along with a once white shirt. Everyone gasped and their eyes widened with horror; to their utter shock, the Crew saw that the young kid in front of them was covered in scars. "Ezra...how did you get so many scar??" Sabine asked, being the first to recover; the boy sighed "well...it a bit of a long story" he stated, not really wanting to talk about it, but to his dismay, Zeb spoke up "we have all day" he clearly wanted to know, being the nosy Lasat he is. Taking a deep breath, Ezra began "well, being on the streets for 9 years isn't easy, most of the scars are from street fights, gang fights and Imperials" he explained; everyone shared looks of sad and anger. "What about these ones??" Zeb asked, pointing to the once on the kids sides and arms; once Ezra saw which ones Zeb was talking about, his face went pale. "Em...well, the Empire were looking for a force sensitive and found me, they took me to there leader...Darth Vader" everyone now showed the emotions of fear and worry "he wanted me to join the dark side and him to become my master, so that when he dies, I would take out his mission...to rule the universe and kill any....rebels" he explained, but mentally beating himself for having tears in his eyes, but he refused to let them fall. Hera and Sabine were both wiping their tears away whilst Zeb glared down at the floor; Kanan had tears in his eyes whilst wrapping a bandage around Ezra's stomach. The boy continued "I told him I would never join him, so he locked me up for a month, but during that time, he made me suffer by injecting me with pain poison and stuff that would make me see my worst fears" he took a moment "but sometimes...he would cut and stab me with his lightsaber". Everyone fell quiet and it felt a little awkward for the teen, so he spoke up again "but hey, I'm fine now" he stated "you win some you loose some, it's just how it works" Kanan had finally finished the check up, and so Ezra decided to go to his room to get some rest. Everyone was still sad and angry from the new information they had just learnt about their newest and youngest member of the Crew. "How..how could they...to a little boy??" Hera asked, wiping away her tears "they're just cruel, we knew they could do bad things, but this..." Kanan himself was lost for words.