Chapter 4

It was lunch time the next day when Ezra finally left his room; he was still sore but could walk...well limp. He decided to go get some food as he was starving. Once in the kitchen, Ezra lost his balance and fell at the door; he didn't have the energy to do this. Suddenly, the teen felt two hands gently lift him back to his feet "Ezra, you ok??" Kanan asked; he was the one who had helped him of course. The Master helped his Padawan to the table and sat him down in on of the chairs; the rest of the Crew decided to enter the kitchen at that point, all looking worried. They staring at Ezra for a moment, one of them wanting someone else to break the silents. Finally, some did "Ezra...we need to talk, all of us, as a family" the kids head shot up, surprised by what Hera had said, but also wondering what she was going on about. As if a switch had just been turned on, he realised what the woman was talking about; he rolled his eyes and dropped his head backwards, not wanting to talk about Credits by Pain. "Please Ezra, talk to us" Sabine begged, smiling gently; seeing how they all really wanted to know and help, Ezra found himself saying something none of them never thought they'd ever come from his mouth "...okay, I'll answer all of your questions...if that's what you really want".

The Crew all smiled, including Zeb, at knowing Ezra was finally opening up to them; Kanan was the first to speak "why did you sneak out at night and do Credits by Pain when you knew you would get hurt and possibly get killed?!". Taking a deep breath, Ezra began his explanation "I heard you and Hera talking about credits and how if we didn't get some fast, we'd be screwed" he explained, reminding the two adults of their conversation that they believed they were alone for "so I started thinking and remembered Bill, I met him when I was ten and I needed money really bad for food, drinks and medical supplies, but begging wasn't working and I didn't want to steal all the time" he took a deep breath "so...when I met him, he told me that Credits by Pain was the only other way, so at the ages of ten, eleven and twelve, I...was involved in...Credits by Pain". Ezra was clearly holding back tears, but was beginning to struggle as he had to wipe his eyes; but before they new it, he snapped. Ezra began to sob like he had never cried before; that was just it. Since his parents were take away, Ezra hadn't cried since as he knew he needed to be brave. Kanan pulled his Padawan into a hug; they all saw Ezra go tense for a moment but soon relaxing. He hadn't felt like this or had this treatment since his parents were around;they both wanted to stay like this forever but hurried back to reality. "Sorry" Ezra said wiping his eyes "for what?? Crying" Kanan asked, earning a nod from the young boy "Ezra...you don't have to be sorry for that, everyone cries" he stated, before someone else spoke "you don't have to be brave all the time sweetie, everyone needs to have a cry sometimes, even Zeb" Hera reassured with a gentle smile; the other's nodded in agreement. Ezra slowly smiled "thanks guys" he suddenly hugging everyone "for what??" Sabine asked, confused but welcoming the hug completely. "For letting me take off my mask for good and for...being the best people in my life...my new family" Ezra gave them all the best smile they'd even seen from him; they all let out somemore tear that day.

THE NEXT DAY

Ezra was the first up but only because he had a nightmare, once he woke up he was drenched in sweat, crying. He decided to go get a drink once in the kitchen and had a drink, then sat down pulled his legs to his chest and started to cry. Kanan was sleeping until he sensed sadness coming from Ezra, so he went to his cabin but wasn't there. He walked around until he head sobbing coming from the kitchen, he walked in and saw Ezra sitting on the floor crying. "Ezra what's wrong??", he asked walking and sitting next to Ezra concerned. "We...were taken...and...I was...torchered in...in front of...you, and you were torchered...and" he stopped starting to cry more, then suddenly hugging Kanan like he was about to be taken away forever. Kanan was surprised, shocked but happy and hugged him back saying "and what Ezra?". "And you...where...killed right in front of me", Ezra said blurting out the last part wanting to get it over with. "Ezra where both here safe and sound, I would never let anyone hurt you or take you away" he said looking at Ezra sobbing but never expected him to say,"what I don't care about me it was seeing you in pain then get killed, I would rather go through the worst pain and die if it ment you where ok and safe I would do anything if it ment you unharmed" Ezra was out of breath after that and Kanan was speechless but all he could do was hug Ezra, but this time Ezra hugged Kanan back. Kanan then got sleepy but realised Ezra had fallen to sleep so he picked him up and went to his cabin. He then laid Ezra on the bed and got nexted to him, he once again held Ezra in his arm like he was protecting him from all evil in the world. And was soon asleep but was thinking of what Ezra said.