"I'm Matt , Katie's husband."

I smiled and waved to everyone after Matt finished because there was no one else to introduce themselves .

"Diana , so please tell us about yourself . Tell us all how Adam met you or what happened." Katie said putting a spoonful of food in her mouth. I nodded and put down my fork.

*i was going to write everything that happened in the first few chapters but I got lazy so she told them about that night of the concert I'm just not writing it*

"Adam is a wonderful person , and I am more than happy that he has decided to adopt me . I would have been dead , and look where I am . I am healthy and loved , thank you Adam." I cried a bit after I told my story .

"A toast to Adam for being wonderful and taking in my gorgeous granddaughter . You are loved Diana , we will love you . We love you already , don't we ? .. So cheers everyone!" Grandma Jane was standing proudly holding a wine glass while us younger ones held up a wine glass , but filled with water . I smiled happily and we all talked , we talked like I wasn't new . Of course I had to ask questions here and there but other than that I felt at home.

Being there I felt welcome , I felt loved , I felt like I was family . I am family . Time passed and I met the others , lovely people who spoke nicely and were very welcoming . Soon it was about eleven and Adam and I said good night to everyone .

"Diana , come back soon. Please , we all loved having you here." Grandma Jane said and I hugged her very tightly

"Thank you so much for tonight ," I whispered into her ear as we hugged , " thank you Grandma Jane." I let go and her face was lit up and eyes were teary.

"Adam my dear son , you have brought me another grandchild and she is wonderful thank you." she hugged Adam and we waved to everyone getting into the car.

*******

"How do you feel ?" Adam asked as we walked inside our house.

"No words can describe how great it feels to finally have a family . I felt great , I feel great." I beamed at Adam and he grabbed my hand reassuringly . I hugged him and we held on for a while .

"One day I will call you dad , and I'm waiting for that day. I'm taking this slowly , but for sure . And that day when I do , I will feel more like family than ever ." I smiled at him and a tear fell down his cheek .

"You have come a long way Diana , I am proud of you . I will be even more proud when that day comes and you call me dad." Adam wiped his eyes giving me one last hug before saying good night .

*********

I decided to have Michael over , he's my best friend and I figured I'd tell him about it first. I know I was supposed to hang out with Luke and call him but I need to talk to Michael .

"Hello?" Michael answered the phone , he sounded confused and I heard a video game playing in the background.

"Michael bring that ass here." I giggled and fell over onto my bed.

"Is that your way of asking me to come over?" He laughed and I'm sure he had a big smile on his face.

"Sort of , I don't know ... Ok yes it is ."

"Alright well I need to talk to you about many things so I will see you there Diana ." After that Michael hung up the phone .

************
( mainly dialogue , it's Michael then Diana Michael then Diana etc. )
"Diana!" Michael exclaimed my favorite bag of Lays potato chips in his hand.