C.69 (part three)

||Kayla Phillips||

"Aaaa! Mamaaaaaa!" I heard yelling, I woke up and it stopped. I got up and looked over at the clock. 4:57 am.  I got up and slipped on my robe. I walked around the house. First checking the kids room to see all of them sleeping peacefully. I then went to my actual bedroom. I didn't see August.  I checked the other rooms, and closed the doors. Its just a habit of me closing doors when nobody is in a room.
I went downstairs, checked the doors and I went outside and looked towards and since he never likes parking in his garage I looked in his driveway and I didn't see his car. I went back in the house and called him. He didn't answer. He's probably sleep. I went back into my room and started taking the sheets, covers, pillow cases and all of that off the bed and I took them downstairs to wash them. I just started cleaning any and everything in the house. I can't sleep.

~~~

Later on that day...

I heard the door close as I was taking the pots off the stove. I seen it was August.

"Hey August." I said

...

".... Okay?" I mumbled to myself.

"What'd you fix?" He finally asked.

"Mac and cheese, potatoe wedges, and chicken." I said "Th-"

"Aight. Fix me a plate, I'll be back down." He cut me off.

"Alright August." I shook my head and got the plates out.

"ANTHONY COME GET YOUR FOOD!" I yelled to him. I fixed a plate for me to share with the others and I fixed me and August's plate and I sat his on the table.

||August Alsina||

I went downstairs to get my food and I seen one plate on the table and nobody was in here. I went in the livingroom to see Kayla and the kids eating and laughing at whatever they was watching.

"Kayla come hea' real quick." I led her into the kitchen

"Yeah?" She asked

"Since when did y'all start eating in tha livinroom an not at tha table like a family?"

"Since you stopped acting like we was one. But I'm not arguing with you August. You want us to come in here and eat with you FINE. I'll be back in a minute after I seperate the kids food." She walked out and came back five minutes later without Ant.

"Where's Ant?" I asked

"He's scared of you August, and I don't blame him." She said eating. "Where was you last night?"

I knew that was coming. "Honestly? Promise you won't get mad?"

"..... You was at India's?... And spent the night.." She held her head down

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"We was just talkin."

"So.. Basically she stole you and your mother away from me in one day." She laughed in a way.

"Nah. I-"

"Yes... She did. But it's fine. I believe you didn't do anything with her?"

"I didn't." I said being 100% honest. "I mean, you know she tried but I wasn't letting shit happen. I love yo ass too much, every since I got engaged to you I quit all that shit."

She nodded. "You should say sorry to Anthony.. I just don't understand why you do him like that."

"Because. I'm giving him a taste of his own medicine. I'm doing him the same way he did you. I seen the way he did you, and how you see me doing him is the same way I seen him doing you. But i'll apologize."

"Thank you." She smiled

"ANT." I yelled. He walked in slowly. "Sir?" He looked down

"I'm sorry fa' tha way I been actin towards you. But did you feel good when I treated you like that?"

He shook his head no.

"Did you like it? And did it make you feel sad?" He nodded

"Well that's how ya mama felt when you acted like that with her."

He nodded.

"Aight, just neva do ya mama like that. Neva once when I was younger did I disrespect my mama, an you don't see me doing it na'.... I haven't seen you disrespect ha' in a while so you doing. Good. I love you son, and I'm proud of you. Go back in thea'."

"Love you too." He finally smiled and the walked away
I looked at Kayla who was really just smiling.

"Now that's the August I fell in love with." She smiled

"And you've always been the Kayla I fell in love with." I smiled at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~
COMMENT.

VOTE AND SHARE.