Chapter 17

Sarah POV
I turn on the radio, and we bop along to Taylor swift bad blood. I laugh. The song sounds so right, Mary is singing along next to me, and we smile at each other.

"Can we go to the shop please? I need to tell my mom about moving if she is not the first to find out I'll be cat food." I laugh

"Of course we can. The bank is just round the corner." We arrive, and I park the car. we get out, and I see Anna and Janet outside the bakery. I think back to the message Mary had, and I storm over.

"Anna, you got anything to say to me? You say it to me. Don't take it out on Mary. I got it!" Anna starts to say something, but I walk away with a smile on my face and link my arm through Mary's. we go to the shop, and as soon as we open the door, we hear

"MY BABY!" All the shoppers look at Mary's mom she comes rushing over and hugs Mary.

"Mom, please," Mary blushes

"Oh, mom, nothing," Tess says. I'm about to laugh when I am pulled into a hug

"How are you dear?"

"I'm ok, thank you,"

"Good, I'm glad you are a good friend to my baby, and that makes you special in my book."

"Mom, I need to tell you something."

"Ok, come through the back, we can talk there liz keep an eye out." we laugh as we follow her through. You wouldn't think that Mary owned the shop.

"Mom, you know I have been seeing Steve .Well, he has asked me to move in with him, and I said yes." Mary rushed out. Tess didn't say anything for a minute. We sat there, and even I was getting nervous for Mary

"Ok dear, as long as you're happy, then I'm happy, but Mary, I want to meet this Steve tomorrow night, dinner no excuse."

"Ok, mom, we will be there," Mary says. I smile, feeling sorry for Mary

"And you Sarah, I want to meet what's his name oh yes Darren same goes for you no excuses"

"Ok, we will be there," I say, sounding shocked. Mary laughs

"So what are you two doing now?"

"Oh, we are shopping. We have been told to go mad. " Mary says  suddenly, Tess gets up and pulls us up.

"Well, what are you doing here? go go get out, go spend, " Tess says, all the while pushing us out the door. we laugh and head off as we pass the next shop we hear.

"BE GOOD GIRLS HAVE FUN MOMMY LOVES YOU  BYE." Mary puts her head down and is laughing.

"I love my mom, but god, she is so embarrassing. I'm so nervous that tomorrow, she will grill the guys. You know that, right?" Mary says

"I do now, oh god." We both laugh I go to the bank and change my address and have to fill in some forms I will do everything else on the laptop later, I walk back outside to Mary and we start our shopping we go back to the car and drive to the main mall I find a parking space and pull up.

"Let's go,"I says we walk to the elevator and go to the bottom floor. Beautiful is the first store, so we go in, I pick up a red bra and panties with a garter belt and stockings.

"What do you think?"

"Oh, Sarah, you will look stunning,"

"I'll take it" I laugh I get changed and walk out in the end I buy six bra sets with panties some silk nighties and massage oils, Mary was very reluctant at first but she had a fair amount by the time we went to the till I handed all my things to the lady Mary went to the other till when everything was bagged the lady told me the price.

"That's seven hundred and thirty-five pounds." I just handed over Darren's card, what he said go nuts, I go to Mary and I noticed she was wringing her hands.

"I I I can't spend this much I need to put it back." The woman on the till was glaring at Mary, who had her head down

"You shouldn't of come in here if you can't afford it" the bitch snaps at Mary, I'm just about to rip this bitches head off when another voice cuts me off.

"Apologise now!" We look behind to see Steve, and he looks furious even though I look away, the woman from the other till comes over.

"Is there a problem?"

"Yes, where's the manager?" Steve says

"Sir, I'm the manager."

"I want to make a complaint about how this woman is rude to my girlfriend. My job is working with people, and if one of mine spoke to a customer like that, I would fire her," Steve says

"Im Sorry sir, I will deal with this. Let me help you with your purchases."

"Please do," Steve replies, and he takes his card out of Mary's hand and puts his arm around her waist

"I am going to spank you later!" he whispers in her ear. Mary went still, and he winks at me.

"That will be four hundred and fifty-five pound please" Steve hands his card over, and we leave the store. Steve takes our bags and holds onto Mary's hand.

"Not that it's not nice to see you, but what are you doing here?" I ask

"It didn't need two of us at the club and I stayed last time so Darren stayed and I thought that I would come and carry your bags, good job I did" he looks at Mary who looks down he lifts her chin and pecks her lips we go into two more shops before Steve has to go back to the car, when he comes back we have another two bags each.

"What the hell? I was gone like ten minutes." he smiles and shakes his head he takes the bags, and Mary's hand, Steve, gets a phone call. we carry on the next shop is boots it takes us an hour, well come on make up, creams, wax strips can't rush a girl. When we finish in boots, we walk out. I see Darren with Steve. I run up to him.

"Hi."

"Hi baby,"

"So everything sorted at the club?"

"Yep, so make use of me,"

"Great, here you go." I hand him my bags and link arms with Mary as we walk in front.

"Ladies, let's grab a drink." Steve says our faces drop "or not." we go to the next shop, which is debenhams. A girl has to smell nice. I brought two bags, two purses, and five bottles of perfume. What he said go nuts. It takes four bags to fit my purchases. we walk out to see Darren and Steve sitting down drinking a coke when they see our bags they just smile.

"You two stay here. We just have one more shop to go to, then we can go." we walk off ,Mary. I need to get some back silk sheets and candles." we walk in the store, and we find what I'm looking for. I am shocked when Mary picks up red silk sheets and candles she looks at me and smiles. I see the blush on her cheeks. The sheets are expensive, but they will be worth it. we pay and head out, and as we walk around the corner, we see two women trying to chat up our men as we get nearer. we hear them say

"Look, we are not interested!" Steve says

"You look desperate. Go away!" Darren says as the woman goes to touch Darren. I have had enough, I grab the woman's hand and swing her around.

"Get the fuck out of here and leave my man alone!" she looks at me then Darren the other woman has her hand on Steves shoulder. He is looking at Mary he doesn't think she will do anything so he goes to move the woman's hand but Mary surprises me again, going to Steve she sits on his lap and pushes the woman's hand off his shoulder.

"Mine!" Mary says, and Steve wraps his arms around her.

"That's right darling, I'm yours." The woman walks off in a huff. We go to the car, and it's full. Steve and Darren get into their own cars, and we head home.