Chapter nine - Trouble and punishment

Magsimula sa umpisa

Alex:

'Mathilda, stop it, that's not true!'

'Murderer, murderer!' Mathilda scratched her nails over her own cheeks while growling that, as if she was possessed by some bad spirit - or the devil himself.

'I'm not the one who killed her little twin sisters, you scrag!'

It was a blink. In a second Nigel had armed himself with a wooden block, and within a flash he started to smash it against Mathilda her head violently. Grace immediately backed off, and widened her eyes as she tried to hid in the corner behind a bookshelf. Honestly, she admired Nigel. She found him interesting, and wasn't backing off for him - but for the guards coming up to them both. Her lips parted as she saw the blood coming out of Mathilda her eyebrow, and pressed herself up - as she tried to get a better view. Her lips curled up, her eyes sprinkling from admiration and curiosity.

It was then that the guards suddenly came, pulling and shouting as they tried to stop Nigel. They couldn't. It was like he was in some sort of trance.

'Nigel!' Grace yelled as she pressed herself up, running toward him while trying to push the guards away. The three guards all took their bats, and two of them started to hit Nigel on several spots of his body - trying to knock him down.

'No! No, leave him alone! Nigel, Nigel run! Stop, stop please. Nigel, it's okay!'

And there they got it, the bat that hit the both of their heads and made them losing conscious. Without the both knowing, they got transported away - both toward the office from the "headmaster" the tyrannical nun Missis Bennett where they both would face a nasty punishment.

Nigel:

He could feel the bat hitting him repeatedly and it hurt like hell, especially now.. And still it couldn't stop him. He kept going. Nigel wanted to stop but he wasn't in control of his own body anymore.. And the odd thing was that it felt like he had experienced it before.

When the syringe came he came limp slowly, but apparently it wasn't fast enough for the guards.. for there was another knock against his head that hurt like hell and then he passed out.

There was that light again.. that white, bright light that hurt his eyes. And that voice.. "I'm right here Nigel," he whispered as Nigel called his name - his second name. 'I'll always be here."

It was of course just a flashback.. of something his brain picked up without even knowing it.. But it might as well be said right at the moment. And it was an oddly peaceful way to lose consciousness..

When he woke up, he silently regretted that he wasn't allowed to stay unconscious forever.. No.. he had to make due with this wretched old woman that seemed just as sadistic as the rest of them. He stared at her after he opened his eyes. He wasn't as confused this time.. He knew what happened. He remembered, and he was ready to face the consequences. What did come as a surprise, was that he saw Grace sitting next to him. She had done nothing wrong, right? Or had she mingled in the fight after all?

"I trust you both know why you're here," the ugly old lady spoke in her authorizing tone.

Alex:

There they were, tightened against a chair in the office - as if they would really harm any of them. As if they could still do a thing after the torment they've been through. The feeling of the bat hitting their limps was still there, as if they kept beating - but then mentally.

It was coincidence how they both woke up at almost the same time. Grace her head hurt like hell, and she could still taste the blood that was resting on the center of her lower lip, resting there with a blurry purpose. Did they hit her against her face? She couldn't remember that. She blinked, and didn't seemed to be surprised at all, awaking in the office from Missis Bennett - a woman that Nigel had never seen before. She'd been here before, many times even. They punished her lots of times in the beginning, and always she had to face this woman again. It was like Grace was het favorite patient. In Grace her opinion, she hadn't done anything wrong those previous times, but still-