(9) Stay Omega Stay

Comincia dall'inizio

"Where did you get that?" She breathed, her voice hitching at the end.

"I found it in my actual bedroom." I explained, holding the wolf pendent in my hand. My mom refused to avert her eyes from it. "I saw something like the past when I touched it."

"It has a tracking device in it, your father gave it to you when you were a baby as a Christmas present." She trailed off, touching the expensive looking necklace. "When we found your...body when you were ten, something happened to it."

"What do you mean something happened to it?" All thoughts of the witches approaching were erased from my mind for a split second.

"I went into your room to hold it, like I did every day, and then I was sucked into the memory of your father first giving it to you." She bit her lip, her eyes scrunching together in concentration. "There was a note left beside it."

"It was from Ayana, saying that this necklace will lessen our pain after losing you. She spelled it so we could look at you in the past." My dad spoke up, standing up from the couch and tapping the necklace. "It's rare to find an object spelled by a witch and given to a werewolf."

"Was the memory always that same?" I asked, now remembering that I came down the stairs to tell them about the witches plan.

"Not always, but it always involved you." My mom gave me a confused look. "Why?"

"Because when I grabbed it, I got a memory of Ayana planning to have a group of witches come here to find me. If they do, they plan to kill me."

The room went silent, and my parent's eyes widened in surprise. I knew it was unexpected to just have me back, and most likely terrifying to have to lose me again. They were already losing hope in my brother's comatose state, they didn't deserve this.

"I don't know when they'll be coming, but it's only a matter of time." I warned directing my eyes to my parents.

At that exact moment, my brother Rylan came in, a pair of keys twirling around his pointer finger. When he noticed the tension in the room, he immediately stopped whistling and frozen. Examining the room, his eyes fell on me before looking at my shocked parents. His eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"Mom? Dad?" He asked with concern. "What's going on?"

At my brother's voice, my dad snapped out of his trance and went into full Alpha mode. I had never seen Lucian get into it, since his Beta was currently keeping the pack in line until he went back. Kory has been too keen on going back, but didn't have to worry about his pack being attack seeing as it was very small. Oliver may have Alpha blood in him from his father Warner, but he didn't seem to want to be a leader of a pack.

"Rylan get your Uncle to round up groups of Scouts and have some Patrols secure the area around this pack out and the territory. If you see someone that isn't one of ours, I give them my permission to kill them without punishment." My dad commanded, walking over to me and grabbing my arm.

"Grab the women and children that haven't shifted and lock them in the basement and any secure location." My grandfather came up from my father, placing his hand on his shoulder. It seemed like a father-son activity at the moment.

"Find my daughter's mate and have him take her." My dad called, and he waited for the sound of Lucian's footsteps. He no doubt was mad at me for ignoring him after I woke up, obviously having questions on why I had passed out.