Chapter One- Revenge From The Ex

I woke up with a lot of energy which was strange because I usually woke up feeling like a bus had ran me over.

Maybe I felt good this morning because it was my first morning after being free from my stupid ex boyfriend. I finally broke up with the jackass. He was getting on my nerves with all his drastic mood swings. I never knew it was possible for guys to get their periods.

I checked my phone which kept going off with new texts alerts. I scrolled through the missed messages and calls from Aaron. Aaron was my ex and he had been drunk-texting me. Well, it seemed like he was drunk anyway.

I simply ignored all the texts and decided to head off to the gym. I might as well. I mean, I can do whatever the hell I want now that he was out of my life. Or at least I hoped he was out of my life.

I had a fast shower and brushed my teeth whilst completing all the other daily morning routines.

I quickly changed into some athletic clothes. I was wearing a thin-strapped, pink top, black shorts, white trainers and my hair was tied back into a neat pony tail. I put on makeup. Hey, you never know who you could run into at the gym. I carefully added purple eye shadow, black eyeliner, thick black mascara, shiny pink lip gloss and beige blusher. I finished by looking curiously into the mirror. Eh, it'll do. I didn't look stunning but I didn't look too bad either.

I shrugged it off and left my house in a hurry.

There was a black van parked outside my house that I had never seen before. I didn't think too much of it and began heading to the direction of the gym which meant I had to stroll down an alley way. This alley way in particular was quite scary as it was were all the druggies hung out and whatnot. Luckily, no one seemed to be in sight, probably because it was six o clock in the morning.

When I reached the end of the alley way, someone stepped directly in front of me, nearly walking into me, making me jump.

He had blonde, short hair and green eyes. He looked suspicious.

"Oh, sorry", I muttered and attempted to walk past him but he stepped the same direction, not letting me past.

"Where do you think your going?" The man asked, somewhat dangerously.

"Um, the gym", I said, curious as to why he was interested, "Sorry, who are you?"

Before I even expected anything, he placed his hand roughly over my mouth so that I could not scream and he dragged me into the back of that black van I saw earlier.

I desperately tried to escape his grasp but he was too strong. He pushed me to the back of the van, put duct tape over my mouth and tied my hands together with some rope. I only saw this type of stuff happen in movies. I never actually expected it to happen to me.

He didn't even give me a second look as he slammed the door shut. I felt the van start driving. Where was he taking me? I breathed through my nose deeply and I couldn't help but let the tears stream down my terrified face.

It took about five to ten minutes before the van came to a rough halt and I was dragged out into a dark, mysterious building. The man pushed me into the building and then he just left me standing there as he completely left me.

"Ah, Claire Daniels", a low, Irish (and, forgive me, quite sexy) voice spoke.

I helplessly turned my head side to side, wondering where the dark voice had come from. Suddenly, I saw the silhouette of someone step out of the shadows.

No way. Holy shit. No way.

Jim Moriarty.

This man was a consulting criminal. I saw him on the news every week. His presence already felt dangerous.