Chapter Twelve

"Hey Annie, you are joining us tonight aren't you?" Savannah McCain, a fellow dark haired model enquired, as they were about to make their back to the hotel in Munich after their latest photo shoot, for an advertisment for a big named beauty product.

"You heard Bruno, he has invited us to join him at the opening of his new nightclub tonight, he said its going to be a big bash, so it should be fun."

Bruno Sventes was an eccentric fashion designer who lived in Germany. The girls knew him well from showing of his clothes on the runway, in various fashion shows around the world. They had met him earlier that day, and he invited them along to his latest venture..

Before, Anneka would have only been too happy to accept the free invite, and she would have looked forward to partying the night away. Even now, as Savannah brought it up again, the temptation was still there. After all, when Bruno threw a party and wanted everyone to enjoy themselves. He did it with style, no one turned down an invite.

But Anneka knew she would be flying out to Brussels the following evening to meet up with Ade and Tony. They had send her all the information, facts and figures by email, so she could check them on her lap top and she knew that she would only have tonight to get through it all properly before joining them.

Yes, she could probably skim through most of the information quickly, between to night and tomorrow when she was on the plane and still accept the invite from Bruno and have some fun. But that was not what she really wanted to do.

The most important thing to her right now was to let Ade see she was taking this seriously now he was willing to give her the chance. She wasn't going to blow it, now not even for a good time curtsey of Bruno Sventes.

"Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it, I have some stuff I have to catch up on, before I fly out to Brussels tomorrow to meet up with Tony and Ade." she finally replied.

"Oh C'mon Annie, you can't be serious!" Savannah protested in disbelief, "This is one of Bruno's specials tonight, how can you want to miss out on it, there are people who would die for an invite to one of his parties" she reminded her.

"I know that," Anneka replied, "and if it had been under different circumstances I would be going, but there are some things that are more important to me now" she explained.

"Oh yeah, of course I forgot... you and Tony are on a crusade and you going to save the world" Savannah drawled with a roll of her dark eyes

"That's not what I am trying to do," Anneka replied defensively.

"Well you don't think that you are really going to make a big difference do you?" Savannah's voice was slightly scornful.

"Not that I don't give you some credit for what you are trying to do, but c'mon, lets be realistic. You're are a top fashion model, with a pretty face and body, who sells cosmetics and clothes. That's what you are famous for, but now suddenly you want come across like an expert on third world poverty and hunger. Do you really believe they will take you seriously?"

"I am getting a little tired of that argument being flung at me," Anneka sighed wearily,"I personally don't see what my chosen career, makes that big a difference. Why can't I be interested in helping people, and do what I do at the same time? I would like to think I am quite capable and intelligent enough, to handle them both."

She now frowned, shaking her head, "The problem is not with me, but with the way we are portrayed by the media. I think that what I am doing is shattering that perception that all models care about is their looks, and marrying some rock star, or footballer. And I happen to think that might be a good thing."