Chapter 7

"Well, Princess Winter, where to first?" Prince Luke asked.

"Well, I thought we would go to a jewelry store. I'm looking for a new necklace. You should help me pick it out. Just find me if you see something, okay?" I ask as we walk into the store. Somebody immediately comes to help me  while Prince Luke wanders around.

"Hello Your Majesty. How can I help you today?"

"Could you do me a favor? I'm out on the town and I need to do some things. I'm trying to lose the prince I came here with. If you distract him for a while, I'll come back later today." I whisper while pointing over at Prince Luke.

She gives me a smile and nods before heading over to Prince Luke. I watch for a few minutes before running out and hiding behind a stand. I see Prince Luke running out looking panicked.

He runs the opposite way I did. Perfect!

"Your majesty. What are you doing?" The stand owner asks me.

"I decided to come out to the town. What do you sell here?" I ask as I stand up and walk around to the other side.

"Oh, um, we have the freshest of the fruits and the best of the vegetables! Only the best for our customers." He smiles proudly while pointing at what he explained.

"Daddy! Mommy felt ill again, so she went to rest." A little girl who looked around eight came running up to the stand owner. "Who's that?"

"Darling, come meet the princess!" He picks up the little girls who seems to be his daughter.

"Are you here to help my mommy?" She looked at me with tears streaming down her cheeks.

I couldn't just let this child go on knowing her mother is sick and she can't do anything about it.

"Maybe. Lets see her." The little girl ran off while her father started closing the stand. "What's the matter with her?"

"She has a heart condition. It cost a lot and we just don't have the money. I'm sorry to bother you with this." He says while walking over to me.

"It fine. You know what? Bring her to the castle in two days and I'll have our best doctors work as hard they can with her. Free of cost for you and your family."

"Y-you ca-an do th-that?" He was almost in tears.

"Yes. And when you get at the castle, ask for me. And if they don't come to get me, I'll know that you didn't get in that day and I'll escort you and you family in the next." I was suddenly captured in a hug.

"You have no idea how much this means to me. Thank you so much!" He cried. "Please, tell me what I have to do for this to happen."

"Actually, do you know where a bakery near a fabric store is?"

.
.
.
.
.

After a while, I got to the bakery and there was barely anybody in here. I saw a worker who kept nervously glancing over at the corner. I look where he looked.

G!

He smiled and waved me over. I smile and walk over to him.

"I think I'm going to call you John Doe for now on." I giggle as he lets out a low, deep chuckle.

"Call me whatever you want. Just as long as you're calling me."

The waiter came by and asked if we needed anything, not daring to look at John Doe or myself.

I think I'll keep calling him G.

When the waiter came back with my slice of cake, I saw a piece of paper underneath the plate.

By the looks of it, G also saw it.

He was quick to snatch it and read it. I could tell that he was angry as he tore the paper up and glared at the waiter.

The waiter had his hand underneath the counter and it looked as it he was pushing a button.

G grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the store quickly.

After a few blocks, he stopped. "Kiss me." I obeyed him and pecked his lips. "Two letters since our date was cut short. First name Y. Last name E. Goodbye, kitten." And with that, he was off.

I went and found Prince Luke looking more panicked by the second. He walked me back to the store, I bought something and we went back to the castle.