Chapter 13

"That's a secret." I answered in response to her question. She may be like me but that doesn't mean I could tell her anything. She would decapitate Monroe like his many uncles if she even got a chance, and it wasn't because of the way she tried to kill Monroe. Okay, maybe it was.

I have a feeling that they were experienced at this maybe even longer than me. My mother did say that women usually get the ability.

"No! I as a Grimm, have a right to know why you are siding with that worthless, smelly, ugly Blutbad." Monroe shot a dirty look at her but the woman kept on glaring at me for an answer.

"Before that, what are your names?" I asked her.

"Don't dodge the fucking question, cop." Man, she swears a lot.

"Answer me." I had gone into my 'commanding mode' again just so she would answer, I held the blade in my hands, almost contemplating on whether I should use it or not. I felt my eyes turn to what they were when I was still a zombie.

Christina became a bit frightened at me, whimpering a bit and she had an internal conversation before looking up at me and nodding with hazel brown eyes. I nodded towards Monroe and Cristina fell on her butt, not too softly and she winced a bit. She looked up at me, then started talking.

"Well, my name is Christina Corso and that's my sister over there, River. Now answer my question, why are you friends with a Wesen when they are our sworn enemies? That's actually nice, wait a minute....... THAT'S FUCKING INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!"

Great, she's sarcastic too. Never in my police career, I had to deal with someone like this, I mean me holding a katana in front of a woman cursing so many words that would have made a child faint.

I massaged my forehead with my thumb and index finger, groaning.

This is going to take a while.

During several excruciating minutes of explaining almost the whole beginning of me being a Grimm, with a few snarky side comments from our ever polite Grimm, Christina, of course. Which earned her many dirty looks from Monroe who was leaning on a tree in a respectable distance, with his arms crossed, and glaring daggers from his eyes to Christina, who ignored it. River was just squatting like she was amused by seeing her sister giving insults with Hank keeping a close watch on her, his hand on his gun holster.

Going on with my story, I was able to take in the appearances of the new Grimms. Christina was almost about 20 years old, she is skilled, I'd give her that. She had hazel brown eyes, reddish-brown hair that ended until her shoulders. She was sassy if that wasn't obvious enough and she wouldn't back down from a challenge even if it was her versus 50 Wesen. Her sister, River, was a bit stubborn if I remember correctly from Alistair's account of them. She was smart, judging by the way she was silent and the way her lightning blue eyes scrutinize her environment, maybe forming an escape plan. She looked maybe 18 years old which was a surprise because usually they would overreact at this kind of lifestyle.

But near the end of the story, I noticed that River was reaching for something behind her back under her hoodie. With adrenaline starting to pulse in my veins, I threw the sword with deadly accuracy at a spot on the ground 3 inches from her hands.

"Think of touching it, we will have a problem."

The bland mask on River's face cracked revealing surprise. Her eyes, wide and terrified, stared up at me in surprise. She didn't move, she was barely breathing. Her pupils were tiny pinpoints.

Christina stood up suddenly, her face locked in a snarl of fury. I noted absently that whoever she was.... and I already had a pretty good idea of who she was.... wasn't used to people defying her and her sister. She also had clear response to it happening.

She drew back her fist and she took a swing at me. My initial thought had been to simply duck out of the way of the punch, but reflexes and muscle memory not my own rose up suddenly and my hand came up to grasp her wrist loosely and pull her off balance at same time as the dodge. The woman tripped over her own feet and sprawled face first into the ground in front of me, stunned.

She rose up again, clenching her fists and took up a boxer's stance. I had an idea how to judge such things, but impressions rose up that Christina was maybe a skilled fighter. She knew what she was doing. She was strong, fast and vicious.

"Come on traitor, think you can threaten my sister and get away with it?"

A series of alternating hard jabs shot towards me and my experience acquired reflexes kicked in, weaving myself around them. A single hard blow to my stomach went through my defense.

It forced the breath out of me explosively and it hurt. I almost felt like throwing up for a moment, but it had passed almost as soon as the spike of pain had hit. It would have completely stunned him before. But now..... it was barely a twinge. If anything, the pained had already passed before I completed the movement of bending slightly in pain.

An image of my hands blurring to claw at her stomach rose up and I had to stop long enough to shake myself free from that.

Then, she swung another punch at my head that probably would have knocked out most people. My heartbeat was starting to thunder in my ears once more like the time I was a zombie and my vision turning to the red haze. I fought it down and moved.

I turned, shifting my head out of the way of the blow and swept my leg out as part of the motion, pulling Christina's legs out from under her in an almost gentle movement.

The temptation to simply slam my foot into the side of her knee and dislocate her joint had been strong. The temptation to simply tear into her had even been stronger. But I kept it down.

Christina was down with her face on the ground once more, one arm trapped underneath her. This time, I didn't give her an opportunity to get back up.

I dropped down, slamming my knee to the small of her back, driving what little breath she still had out of her. I took her free arm and twisted it behind her back. Holding her there and keeping her from getting any leverage. Making it impossible for her to make any move without me being able to dislocate her shoulder with the slightest bit of additional pressure. My other hand tangled into her luscious hair and pulled her head back sharply, exposing her throat and eliciting a pained, confused cry from the Grimm.

I leaned just to one side of her head. I was sure that she could see my face in her peripheral vision. I spoke into her ear, feeling my eyes flaring red.

"Hello." I kept my voice soft, but a bit of an unfamiliar drawl crept into it lending to my words a relaxed, casual air that was completely at odds with hold I had Christina in. "I'm guessing you thought you could take me."

She was making a wordless snarl of fury, but the color drained from her face when she looked at me.

"Right now, I am trying very, very hard from doing permanent damage. I would probably feel bad about it, but part of me is going to enjoy doing it. Gonna enjoy feeling you break into pieces under my fingers."

Her eyes bulged and I caught a hint of fear behind her impotent fury.

"Are we clear, girl?"