Chapter 5

Flashback

"It's not that easy, okay!", he said while banging the table. He sighed and looked back at us. "It needs to be overcome by the Wesen, it won't work if somebody tries to convince him."

"So, how do we stop him. If it's possible to stop for any matter other wise.", I said in a voice dripping with prejudice.

"There is a way."

Present Day (15 seconds later)

"Well?"

"You nee-"

Suddenly there was an insistent knock - if you ask me - on the Interrogation Room door. I sighed and said,

"Come in."

The door opened to reveal a red-faced Wu who looked like he ran a triathlon twice in one day.

"Nick, the captain needs you at the Pantheon Motel at 64 Demigod Drive right now."

"Okay. Come on Hank, let's go."

I was about to open the door when I stopped and turned back at Wu and said "Oh and Wu, hold Mr. Weston in one of the detainment cells for further questioning.

"Yeah, sure." he said, not expecting more work.

After his tired response, me and Hank went out the door to get to our car in front of the station. We ran as fast as we could because when we saw Wu exhausted a few seconds ago, we knew he was serious about the captain needing us. We got into the car and Hank started the car and and begun to drive to 64 Demigod Drive.

"Nick."

"What?"

"What do you think Matt was about to say to us in order to stop the Krampus?"

"I am sure that we will find out sooner or later" Am I even sure?

After a few minutes, me and Hank arrived at 64 Demigod Drive. We got out of the car to look at something that could not be even considered a motel. It looked like it was still in renovation and it was raided by Al Capone's mobsters. Streaks of paint were chipped off, holes were seen on the side, the door looked rundown, only a few of the letters of the motel's neon sign still lit up for all to see and last but not the least, there was even a smaller sign that said 'In here, all you will ever get is service fit for a GOD'.

"Whoever wrote the sign was probably a delusional Greek." I told Hank in a calm voice.

"You got that right"

We then went inside carefully because the motel was so rugged it looked like it would collapse just because of a simple breeze. When we entered, it was worse. But when we saw other officers walking around like it was nothing, we walked normally from there.

We only walked for a few seconds until we were approached by Captain Renard, who had a glint in his eyes that told me that the crime scene was a matter that only a Grimm could handle. Renard looked at us and with a troubled voice said "Where have you been?"

"We were interrogating a witness to the mysterious Santa kidnappings" I responded. "What happened here?"

"I think it's better if I show you."

He went up the stairs and motioned for us to follow him. We obliged and walked on the creaking staircase that was so cracked, it resembled spiderwebs, which did not lighten up the mood. Renard brought us up the spiraling staircase 'till the 4th floor. Our group then passed several rooms whose doors were open showing officers questoning people who stayed in the motel's horrendous rooms for reasons I do not know.

We then reached a door that has clearly seen better days. It looked normal except the scratches on the door knob. We then put on our gloves to not contaminate the evidence. The captain then looked back at us with a worried look.

"You guys may want to take a breather first before you go in."

I looked at Hank who also looked at me and we shrugged but did what the captain asked. What's going on?

After, Renard slowly opened the door for us to see something that would have made a 9 year old kid want to cry in a corner and die. What happened here?