Chapter 8

Reynolds was looking at blank space as he was starting to tell his account of the mysterious women who checked in this motel.

Flashback: Alistair's POV

It was one of those not so busy days and I was just counting our profits when the door suddenly opened. I looked up and saw two women who could've easily passed for as delinquents.

The women approached me and the tall one said, "Umm, excuse me, do you have a room for two?" We like to stay her for the month."

I went into my salesman attitude and said, "That will be 1200 dollars up front."

The 18 year old was shocked and looked pissed off by my fair amount.

"-the heck!?!?!?  No, 750 is fair enough."

"Sorry lady, but that's the price."

She looked at the other woman who I think might be her sister.

"Christina, there must be another motel."

'Christina' shook her head and stared straight at me like a hawk.

"How about 950 and we got a deal?"

"Deal." I shook her outstretched hand.

I turned my back and checked the available rooms. I picked a key and gave it to them. The older girl took out 950 dollars out from her pocket like she had no wallet in the first place.

"Room C17 and please enjoy your stay "
End of Flashback

I contemplated on what he said and asked him, "I thought you said you didn't remember even one of their names?"

"Must've forgot. It has been a week."

"Hank, search in the train, ship and airport manifests for anyone with the name 'Christina' that arrived last week with a 18 year old female companion."

"On it."

What's the real story here anyway?

A/N: Made the drawing myself. Just for fun.