Faith in Pandora

"I dream because there is no other way for me to see it happen."

Faith didn't know who came up with this quote but she believed whoever made it seemed make it just for her. It was the same sentence that ran through her head when she dreamed...which was supposed to be impossible while in cryo. She dreamed she was the middle of a exotic forest during midnight, seeing the bioluminescence creating breathtaking colors and scenery of the area. It was pure ecstasy for her to feel this happy. But just as always when she had a vibrant dream like this, she woke up.

Her eyelids opened with futility to reveal her dark brown hues that were completely unaffected by her condition. Like always, she saw pure black before her that expanded to all corners of her sight. Internally, there was a hammering migraine pounding in the center of her head and her body was so sore that it felt like she had spent 3 days training with her dad nonstop. Externally, her body felt extremely light and she could tel it wasn't really laying against anything. Good thing there were belts holding her from just floating aimlessly on all 4 of her limbs. 'No gravity. So we're finally here, huh?' She thought to herself as she lifted her arms only to be stopped when the restraints on her wrists held her back.

There was a sudden hissing sound. The sound of pressure suddenly being released and then a feeling of her body being moved along with her capsule. "Hey there, Darlin'." Came the male voice of the medical assistant that had removed her from the enclosed space. "Hows it feel to be out of your teen years?" He asked with an upbeat tone as he released the series of belts from her appendages. Like most blind people, she simply turned her head to where the sound was emanating and kept it in field of that area so others knew she was listening. She did it so long now that, along with her normal eyes, even the Seeing thought she wasn't blind.

She was confused for a moment, thinking of the reasoning behind his question was. Thats when she remembered it had been a total of 5 years, 9 months and 22 days which meant that a few months ago back on earth, she turned 22 years old. But the law of Cryogenic sleep states that all operation within your body is halted until awakened otherwise meaning she still looked like she was 16.

"Feels worse than I imagined." She joked clutching her agonizing head with a groan making the assistant laugh as he released the last restraint on her right ankle. "Its just the fact that you haven't eaten or drank anything in nearly 6 years. Don't worry, after you have the stuff thats in your bag, it will go away." He informed taking a gentle hand to her upper arm so she wouldn't float away. "I'm gonna flip you over but I have to hand you off to someone else so I can go help others, alright?" Faith quickly nodded allowing the assistant to move her body so that she was face down instead of up. But in space, who really knew anyways? She, unlike a lot of the disabled, didn't mind if people helped her. She was blind so she couldn't do a lot of things herself but it was just nice when people asked her if she needed their help instead of instantly assuming she was completely dependent on others.

"Hey man, can you do me a favor and help her to her locker? You being her capsule neighbor, it should be right next to yours anyway." He called out calmly. There was a small pause as her neighbor scanner her over figure though she would have never known. When he noticed that she couldn't look him directly in the eyes but struggled to make it look like she was gave him the tell of her disability. "Yeah, sure." Came the reply from another male. Faith was happy to hear that he didn't have any annoyance or distaste in his voice at the acceptance of the task. "Thanks, Sunshine." The assistant cheered as he took his hand in her's and brought it to the arm of her new helper.

A hand enveloped Faith's own against the arm she was holding. "You ready?" Spoke from her leader. She nodded giving him permission to continue. The palm holding her let go and she felt the sudden jolt of them being launched across the satellite they were in causing her grip to tighten slightly. "If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?" Asked her aide. Faith took no offense to the question yet with her personality, she couldn't help but counter back. "Don't you know its rude to ask a woman her age?" She teased with her own light laugh. She quickly calmed as they slowed down to their destination. "I'm 16." She answered truthfully.