Chapter 16

Kawhi's POV

I'm having breakfast with my mom. She wants to talk to me about the most surreal day of my entire life. I know she is beyond proud of me.

"Kawhi are you ready?" Kim asks. I smile at her and shake my head.

"Mom are you ready?" I mock.

"Don't answer a question with a question?" Kim scorns.

"Well your always nervous when you ask those type of question" I explain.

"It's just your my little boy I'm having a hard time letting you go what if you are far far away from me honey" Kim confess.

"Yeah I know let's just hope I'm close to you mother" I tease.

"Kawhi stop it" Kim whines.

"Okay" I say.

"So how's Tamia" she asks.

"Tamia is great" I answer.

"So what's she gonna do" she asks.

"She gonna transfer to the closest college to wherever I am." I whisper.

"Kawhi don't be scared to tell me" Kim comforts him.

"Okay"I smile.

The Big Day

I am in the hotel room ready to go to madison square garden to hear my name being called. I feel arms around me.

"Hello handsome" Tamia whispers.

"Hi" I mumble.

"How far are your nerves? she asks.

"On 1- 100" I ask.

"Yes" she replies.

"1,000" I mumbles. I hug her tighter and she laughs.

"Babe you will be fine?" she encourages.

"I hope so" I say.

"Come on let's go" she says.

With the 11th pick in the NBA draft the Indiana Pacers select Kawhi leonard from San Diego State. I kiss my family and shake David Stern hand. I sit next to Klay Thompson who got drafted by the Warriors.

"Hey congrats man" Klay says.

"Thank you" I say.

"Wow Kawhi you got traded to Spurs" Kyrie Irving says.

"Stop playing" I say.

"Look" he pointed to the tv.

"Wow this is great" I say. Texas is not that far from California.

After party

I see Tamia, then she looks kinda happy but nervous. I walk to her and say

"What wrong everyone excited but you" I say. She pulls me into the corner.

"I'm pregnant" she whispers.

"Really" I mumble.

"Yes really" she says.

"I really happy you're having my baby" I explain.

"I am too Kawhi" she smile.

"Well this is the perfect time to do this." I say.

"Everyone can I get your attention" I say. I get everyone attention.

"Tamia is pregnant" I informed.

She glares at me, so I gonna even shock her more. I get on one knee. She puts her hand over her mouth.

When I met you, I knew I'd met my match. It was only a matter of time until we arrived at this moment. Life offers many challenges, but I was able to overcome them because you were right by my side. I know my life will never be complete without you and the baby beside me to share it. Tamia will you be my wife for life.

She nods her head "Of course I will" she says. Everyone cheers and I kiss her and everyone at the party goes crazy.