Chapter 6

Tamia's POV

April 18, 2008

Dear Diary,

This date is exactly three months when the most tragic thing happen to the love of my life Kawhi. His father was murdered and the crazy thing is no one knows who killed him.

Kawhi and his father were very close. They played basketball together, trained together, hung out all the time. Mark Leonard owned a car wash and would take his son to work all the time. On the night he was murdered, he was at that car wash, trying to get off work in time to watch Kawhi's game that night. Kawhi doesn't talk much about it, to anyone. Not even his mother.

I just want my best friend to be happy. I understand that he is never gonna be the same and this is gonna haunt him forever. I think Kawhi could use this as motivation to go to the NBA. It's the only thing Kawhi has ever wanted.

I am struggling to confess my true feelings to my best friend I am still trying find a way to tell him. I am and I'm gonna tell him one day. It's just has to be the right time and right place.  All of sudden my phone vibrates. It's from Kawhi!

K: Hey r u busy?

T: No I'm not

K: Can u come over?

T: Yes

I'm so relived Kawhi wants to talk to me. I drive to his house and ring the door bell. His mother opens the door. 

"Hi is he here" I ask.

"Yes sure, sure, Kawhi can u come down?" his mom yell. He walked down the stairs and onto the porch and sits on the chair.

"Hi Kawhi" I say softly.

"Everything I touch get screwed up" Kawhi mumbles.  "My father dead why me?" 

I sigh and lean in between in legs.

"Kawhi everything happens for a reason" I say. He roll his eyes.

"What the reason" he cries.

"I don't know but let it go.... just let it go" I say. He cries and I embrace him as he cries in my shoulder. Now this is the time.

"I love you Kawhi" I mumbles. I don't think he heard me, he just cries into my arm. "It's not your fault okay".

"Listen to me, use basketball as a tool to express your feeling use it as motivation okay" I explain.

We pull away "Do it for your dad" He nods.

"Did you say you love me?" Kawhi asks.

"Yes I love you for as long as I can remember."

"I love you too." he says. I get up to straddle his legs. We lean in for a deep passionate kiss.  Finally